Lake Bennet in The Dry

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
jimbobbolty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Lake Bennet in The Dry

Post by jimbobbolty »

Hi I am going down to lake bennet in about 2 weeks time for the day. Looking to have a fish I have a 3m plastic boat with a electric motor i can use. Does anyone have any spots/tips that would help me catch a fish.

Listen to my bands song we need to get our plays up.
http://www.myspace.com/seedtherockband
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

Well ive only ever pulled the one metery from there in september of '07 :mrgreen: . A fight i'll never forget as well within the dead forest.
Ive only ever fished it 4 times, out of those times caught a metery, 2 under sized millions of tarpon a toga and a few sooties on prawns.
My mate matty hooked up on a slapper but it got off, it was funny cause he was in a canoe and got dragged by it :shock: . He hooked that near the pontoon flicking in front of the row of dongas. The dead forest is hard goin to find a nice straight stretch to troll, i found one that went for 50m's+ and hit that up, its through the centre. Thats where i hooked my big one right next to a very large Y shaped stump just submerged.
I saw guys in a tinny hook one across from the lodge along the weeds, thats about all the info i can give ya. I caught mine on a 1m+ 195 i think RMG scorpion lime green, matty hooked his flicking a suspending storm in blue.
Marrakai crossin is just down the road also, so if ya get time take a look(only cause i wanna know water levels...lol) go drop some pots for cheribins and livebait in the lake(if your allowed :-? )

Good Luck mate...even if you dont catch anything its still a lovely spot to spend a night.
Image Image
jimbobbolty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by jimbobbolty »

Thanks for the info, I was mainly thinking of fishing the timber and some little lillie filled bays i found on google earth. Are weeds a big problem there when casting?
Listen to my bands song we need to get our plays up.
http://www.myspace.com/seedtherockband
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

jimbobbolty wrote:Thanks for the info, I was mainly thinking of fishing the timber and some little lillie filled bays i found on google earth. Are weeds a big problem there when casting?

quite a large amount of lillies across the banks in the dead timber forest,
and also weed beds that u can see just under the surface. The bay on the right of the croc trap when your heading towards it is worth a flick. You can cast a lure in the gaps between the weed beds, i used a popper last dry and watched something big move through the weeds as you could see it separate. Take some scum frogs as there are some pretty large togas as well.
Image Image