Photobucket

Make suggestions to improve this site
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Photobucket

Post by harmsey »

i have put this in the suggesions thread as i recon this is a great aid to putting up a good post. i would ask anyone with any more info or usefull info or short cuts to add to this thread :wink:

i have often seen people on FFF put up a post with photos in the post and not attatched to it. looks great but didnt think it was worth the extra work.

well let me tell you now its easy as :mrgreen:

open up an account with http://photobucket.com/

upload your photos and set you upload settings to whatever you like. FFF has a limit to photo sizes but PB does not. so if you want people to view your photo at full size you can but most people prefer smaller photos (800x600) as they are quicker to download.

then just type up a story in word or whatever and just cut and paste the IMG CODE link to the thread where ever you want them to appear.

you can then save and archive your stories on your pc for posting whenever (those that have lost post while posting will understand the importance of this :naughty: )

cut and paste your whole story while IMG links onto FFF submit and your done :mrgreen:

i have also found this setup more useful for emailing threads to poeple back home that are not FFF member (as non-members can not view pics). if you cut and paste a story using FFF attached pics it is huge and takes a while to down load. but with photobucket while they are reading it the pics download and it works much better IMHO :mrgreen:

just my thoughts anyone else out there use PB????????

:drinking1: Harmsey

Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

Yes most of my pics are posted from the bucket now. Unfortunately the format of this site doesn't display them to their full potential
:cry:
Regards Dick
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

Dick wrote:Yes most of my pics are posted from the bucket now. Unfortunately the format of this site doesn't display them to their full potential
:cry:
what do you mean by that Dick??? is there something FFF needs to change???

have you or anyone tried to post a video clip from PB??? i can only get it to come up as a link. if i use the thumbnail option it does not play the vid just enlarges the thumbnail???

:drinking1: Harmsey
bandit

Post by bandit »

ive been using photo bucket for awhile now, as u have prob seen in my posts.. makes for a better read i reckon, and what i like best is the multi uploader, meaning you can do 10 or 15 photos at once and it automatically resizes them, rather than doing it painstakinkly with an editor..
The only negative and bummer is people don't need to be logged in or a member to read.. this could easily be fixed by having to be a member to read posts tho..

:drinking1:
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

what do you mean by that Dick??? is there something FFF needs to change???
No big issue, it just doesn't automatically show them full size, you still have to click on them to enlarge.

Would be nicer if there was about a 600 width limit and the showed them that size straight up :smile:
Regards Dick