Chanos leaving leaving, for better or worse.

chanos
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Chanos leaving leaving, for better or worse.

Post by chanos »

Well people, a month to go and we are leaving Darwin after 20 plus years. Work dictates its time to go. August will see us freezing our Arse off in Victoria. However the Navy base we are going to has it's own boatramp and restricted access to a large waterway with quite good fishing for the southern species so it's not all bad eh.
It's also time to spend some quality time with older parents etc so we are actually looking forward to this change.
I have had a good time in Darwin and have enjoyed the FFF even if if I haven't been that involved with it all. Good stuff happens here, keep it up everyone and don't let the morons wreck the Territory.

I will be back. :grin:

Chanos.

Fishing is not a matter of life and death, it is far more serious than that.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Have fun chanos, Beatrice Creek won't be the same without you pulling out the 40 pounders :mrgreen:

Hope to see your first pink snapper posted on FFF :cheers:
Brent Matthews
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Brent Matthews »

Best of luck down there mate. I had to move south recently and only just returned, its not all bad, there is snapper/whiting etc + traffic and pollution.....

Makes you appreciate the NT when you get back thou.
Cheers
BD

'May your fishing spots be silted and your hooks on backwards'
Kevin Kevinson
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Kevin Kevinson »

enjoy the move chanos.

we both shared some good fishing in the old stessl, but time moves on eh??
Cheers

KK (aka Hilly)

and then you nod your head like your saying YES to every beat...
(Homer J Simpson on listening to rock music)
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

All the best with the move mate and be sure to keep up with the Forum reports from down there :mrgreen:
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

See ya mate..was great to meet you... pity we never got in any fishing :catch:

feel free to PM me all of your adelaide river secrets :naughty:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
cjgp
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cjgp »

Good luck on your move bloke

Its always hard to move away from who and what you know, but there is always someone and something new wherever you go.

There are a few soutnerners who read this forum, amybe one will take you for an excersion down there.

Good luck with it and enjoy the private ramp. therr would have to be some good fishing around those restricted navy bases. in fact I read in a mag recently about someone fishing them for trevors, salmon and snapper.
jarrah jack
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by jarrah jack »

Chanos I'm just down the road from cerberus I can give you a bit of the layout, its not all bad but it will never be the same.
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

Better get a beanie and a dryzabone :smile:

Good luck with the move
Regards Dick
jimbobbolty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by jimbobbolty »

Hey Chanos you can now become our Victorian Corespondent

Looking foward to the great posts of your big haul of southern species. :catch: :catch: :catch:
Listen to my bands song we need to get our plays up.
http://www.myspace.com/seedtherockband
jarrah jack
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by jarrah jack »

You bringing a boat, hope its not one of those fancy Darwin tubs.All padded chairs, carpet and drinking platforms. Look at Harmseys new rig, the only bar it could crush would be the one it is carrying. :rofl: :rofl: [/img]
chanos
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by chanos »

Thanks for the good wishes everyone, as for the Adelaide, let me say google earth is your friend with some little runoffs. Big hole on the rockbar below goat is good for jigging big rubbers and running mans 20s,. Behind goat is also good fun. There is a very deep and narrow hole on the outside of a left hand bend heading up from beatrice to goat as well that holds big fish sometimes, this hole is hard up against the bank with a shallower rocky section midstream. Also holds jewies at times during the dry. As do a few other spots around there, if you can get past the powertails and sharks :grin:
Hey Jarra, funny you should mention Harmsey, I bought his old boat and will be bringing that eh. I know my way around Hans inlet fairly well but any tips are appreciated as obviously things will have changed in the bay since the 80s. Hoping to spend some time chasing the mulloway and I know a good spot for estuary perch close by.
Boat is a stacer 489 nomad. Probably freeze my arse off in it but will be good on those flats in the inlet.
And yep, I will post some southern stuff up from time to time and stay in touch.

Regards Chanos.
Fishing is not a matter of life and death, it is far more serious than that.