Underwater pics

Rumour has it that some FFF members are spearos. It's time to come out of the closet.
nikoniko
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Underwater pics

Post by nikoniko »

Did a short trip to Cairns last week and went to Green island for the day. Tried my Olympus 3M waterproof camera while snorkeling off the beach for a few hours. Took a heap of pics and some video underwater finding the camera faultless. It still feels weird chucking it in a bucket of fresh water for an hour after the salt.
I got to swim with my first school of trevally ever, even though there were only 10 but what a rush! I added a couple of pics from the semi submarine, there were heaps of fish even though conditions weren't the best.Tried a bungy jump and some drunken sleep walking but thats another story. I hope you like the pics :mrgreen: NIKO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fishfanatic »

Yeh it's a whole new world under there..I used to skindive in Vic but never had any water clarity PLUS had to break through the ice upon surfacing.. :grin: :grin: :P
Nice pics Niko.... :applause: :applause:
'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

Some awesome shots there niko, the olympus waterproof cams are tops. I'll be gettin one once my sony cybershot dies, who knows when that is been goin strong for 6 years now.
Image Image
nikoniko
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nikoniko »

MS I have a cybershot aswell but it wont die either. Now I carry both as the 4MP sony takes a better video and sound than the Olympus in my opion. But the Olympus being waterproof 3M and 1M shock proof was tested when it fell off the fish measuring table at shady barrage. Thanks for the comments :mrgreen: NIKO
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

great foters, nice to see something different :mrgreen:
punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

We just got an Olympus 790 sw, waterproof to 3m ,700 pics at 7.1Megapix, video..........gotta be the sweetest little camera I've used.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
marriemb

Post by marriemb »

Wow these are amazing pictures what camera did you use I love the green grass :fishing:
Hursty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Photo's

Post by Hursty »

Nice photos Craig. Love the photo of the dugong :rofl: