Under the Jetty @ Stokes Hill

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
craigrachow
Gold Member
Gold Member

Under the Jetty @ Stokes Hill

Post by craigrachow »

went down there today with the plan to climb under the jetty restaurant and fish for whatever using frozen baits and some whole mullet. ended up forgetting a rod and my bigger hooks but had some fun winding in smaller critters that i have never caught before.
lost a fair bit of tackle due to snags but i did enjoy it. its very deep there along the concrete wall and there is plenty of fish down there.

unfortunately i didnt bring home anything i could eat.

nikoniko
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nikoniko »

Way to go Craig at least you got out and had a go :mrgreen: I had a quick look down at the drain near the deck chair cinema for zip. NIKO
barraspring
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by barraspring »

i was at that restaurant the other night and whilst eating dinner i heard an almighty BOOF looked over the railing and holy sh*t there was an atleast 90cm barra lucky i had my rod in the car but i couldnt just run from dinner (mothers bday) :cry: any ways after dinner went down there was three 90-100cm specimens under the lights so i threw lures at them nothing i even ran a lure over ones head to no avail after 45mins i left so next time im out there im going to have a look
jimbobbolty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by jimbobbolty »

Yer lures are useless on those stokes hill barra, one of my mates swears he caught one on a chip,i think thats :bs: . The only way i have caught them is to spear them from a small dingy
Listen to my bands song we need to get our plays up.
http://www.myspace.com/seedtherockband
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

jimbobbolty wrote:Yer lures are useless on those stokes hill barra, one of my mates swears he caught one on a chip,i think thats :bs: . The only way i have caught them is to spear them from a small dingy
a well placed lure under there just as they turn off the lights can cause mayhem :catch:
chezasnt
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by chezasnt »

You should of put a spring roll on a float.
Cheza
craigrachow
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by craigrachow »

jimbobbolty wrote:Yer lures are useless on those stokes hill barra, one of my mates swears he caught one on a chip,i think thats :bs: .
i believe it
heck i have caught barra at the daly river using cabana
Andy Grey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Andy Grey »

Those Barra love a small (3 inch) live squid but you need to use light line and pretty much an invisible leader.
http:www.andrewgreyphotography.com.au
barraspring
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by barraspring »

yeah springroll on a float might do the trick :mrgreen:
drifter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by drifter »

Barraspring, Cheza's advice may not be too far off the mark.

The best bait for Bream at Daling Harbour (Sydney) is MacDonalds. It is now considered a natural food source with the amount thrown in by tourists.

Down here (Central Coast) I have a crabbing spot that is behind a charcol chicken shop. Every morning the vendor throws out his left overs from the previous day. Muddies galore. Only bait to use is cooked chicken