Lee Point

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
fisherchick
Silver Member
Silver Member

Lee Point

Post by fisherchick »

Hi can anyone help me I was working at RDH on the 7th floor from there you can see most of darwin. From there I spied what appeared to be rock wall in the direction of lee point I have since tried to find it looking at a map can anyone help me with directions or was I imagining things. I have also only been here a week and yes I am sure I was looking north.

Kevin Kevinson
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Kevin Kevinson »

there is a rock shelf at lee point...

you will only see it from half tide down, but stretches out a fair way.

on a big low say below 0.5mtrs, you can walk out some 500mtrs on various rock platforms. plenty of fish about with cod, cuda and reef sharks pretty common, the buildup is good for barra, and there are some formiddable GT's that hunt around there too.
Cheers

KK (aka Hilly)

and then you nod your head like your saying YES to every beat...
(Homer J Simpson on listening to rock music)
slapper1

Post by slapper1 »

hey fisherchick
welcome to darwin
i would say what you could see is the reef at lee point on low tide or it could be old man rock even anglers reef also is visable on low tides
if you go to google earth have a look at the satalite picture
fisherchick
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by fisherchick »

Cheers guys for the advice it must have been the reef. I realised whilst at buff creek that I didn't even notice it until later in the day when coincidently enough the tide was low I just got a bit too keen. :grin: I will keep your advice in mind though kevin for when the tide is low it's always fun when you get a good fighting fish off the rocks
slapper1

Post by slapper1 »

there is heaps of land base fishing spots around darwin to catch good fish
when i first came to darwin i never had a boat and explored all the possible spots ,scored some good fish some of the places you wouldnt think to fish
Xtra
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Xtra »

A few years ago somebody told me that the rock platforms which come out at very low tide on Lee Point Reef host some spirits. The area seems to be important to the local Indigenous people.

Does anybody know if this story is true? And no, I haven't seen any of the spirits yet....
slapper1

Post by slapper1 »

i think the only spirits that are there are in a bottle