East Arm's Bost Ramp- Q

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
Kell Reynolds
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

East Arm's Bost Ramp- Q

Post by Kell Reynolds »

Hello People,
I was down at East arm's ramp today, I thought I would give it a go, before I had to get my boy. I was useing plastics got a "stick Fish" :banghead: , then I tryed a i think they are called spinner's, it is a metal with shimmer on the top. There were a lot of shrimp, and they were getting stired up from both fish and bird, the fish I saw were what looked like "Carp". Any one know what it was, seemed to be a school fish.

Any how the only thing I got was a baby fish :catch: so all in all it was a good cast day.

If any one could tell me what is best used down there and what to expect, please help.
Tanks People.

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

You'll catch queenfish on that metal spinner Kell, but you might need to go to the tackle shop and get a couple of proper barra lures that can be worked a little more slowly if you want to catch other fish like barra, salmon and cod.

That carp-looking thing might have been a mullet or barra - they both have big scales and in the water might look like a carp.

Barra are a bit like carp up here - they breed like rabbits, they are everywhere and easy to catch (for some of us) ... lucky they are good to eat! :rofl:
Rug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Rug »

Try fishing with bait Kell. :mrgreen:

Matt. Barra like Carp. Too right, They are always getting in the way when you are targeting the king of the sea, the majestic powertail. :rofl:
Smile and the world smiles with you, fart and your all alone.
lachmcc
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by lachmcc »

I wish Barra were like carp. I've got plenty of worms in my garden
THERE IS A FINE LINE BETWEEN FISHING AND STANDING BESIDE THE WATER LOOKING LIKE AN IDIOT
unseen1
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by unseen1 »

anybody know the opening date of the new ramp?