Shady Camp Road Reort - anyone???

DNO62
Seadog
Seadog

Shady Camp Road Reort - anyone???

Post by DNO62 »

Hello fellow FFF'ers,

Uniball and I are planning on a day trip out to Shady Camp tomorrow morning, real early (Monday 9 Feb 09). I was hoping that one of you guys could provide a heads-up on the road condition and any hazzards I should be aware of in the dark.

We won't be setting any speed records in getting there, however having some idea prior heading off might just keep me out of the poop.

Thanks in advance.

dno

bandit

Post by bandit »

road is ok mate. watch it if its raining or been raining. bulk silppery.

alot of the boggy sections last year have been filled with rocks. wouldnt wanna go to fast there pretty chunky and flick up.

other than that, only thing to watch is a few wash outs running across the track. coupple jumped out and attacked the trailer.

take it slow and you'll be fine. i had some turkey over take me in the wet. tempoary australian....

that was mid week tho, might be abit chopped up after weekends traffic. hope that helps mate :drinking1:
DNO62
Seadog
Seadog

Post by DNO62 »

G'day Bandit,

Thanks for the heads-up, hopefully it will be all good and hopefully I will get my Feburary barra. :mrgreen:

cheers, :drinking1:

dno
bushie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by bushie »

How'd ya go DNO?
DNO62
Seadog
Seadog

Post by DNO62 »

G'day bushie,

Sorry for not replying, I have been in Brisvagas for the last four days.

The road was in reasonable condition considering all the rain, the fishing however was not real flash. Uniball caught one little swamp donkey and I caught nothing yet again. We went all the way down to the mouth flicking at everything that could hold fish and then trolling the entrance and out the front a couple of hundred metres. It was bl..dy horrible out the front!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I really suck at this run off fishing stuff.

The best thing about the day was that it only rained from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm and then it only drizzled from then on. bl..dy cold to when underway!!! I know that I am getting old however during the day I had wrinkles on top of wrinkles from all the rain. It was a good thing that I didn't need to pee as the little fella had turned into a turtle. Also it was a good thing that you fellas weren't out there as you would have mistaken me for a sheila and I would have taken all your money :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh well that's fishing.

cheers,

dno
adam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by adam »

DNO62 wrote:
The best thing about the day was that it only rained from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm and then it only drizzled from then on. bl..dy cold to when underway!!! I know that I am getting old however during the day I had wrinkles on top of wrinkles from all the rain. It was a good thing that I didn't need to pee as the little fella had turned into a turtle. Also it was a good thing that you fellas weren't out there as you would have mistaken me for a sheila and I would have taken all your money :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh well that's fishing.

cheers,

dno
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Thats p..s funny dno :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: