Boat manners

UncleD
Seadog
Seadog

manners continued....

Post by UncleD »

Had my stepfather up for a short stay over Christmas and headed for a quiet billabong to catch the last couple of hours of light and hopefully a Barra.

Half an hour later, a couple of tinnies towing boards turned up and proceeded to cut laps around us. There was nowhere to go on such a small patch of water and we could barely stand up to cast for the wave action.... neddless to say the fish were nowhere to be seen. I could have trolled big lures around their kids but I fish for relaxation...not conflict, so we left.

I went back two nights later and was pipped to the spot by another ski boat (complete with V8 and doof-doof music) so I duely left the water to them as they were there first.

Just a little consideration for others goes a long way but it seems to be in short supply these days (NB: the "F@#$% off we're full" stickers on many NT cars ).

My Giddy Aunt!
Jimstuch
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jimstuch »

Seems to be a bit of a topical subject of late - methinks mango madness has crept into the boating world... I was heading in to pull out at Dinah beach a couple of weeks ago when we saw TWO cars parked on the tipperary waters side of the ramp - a ute that had backed down with a small trailer and a sedan driven down and parked in front of the ute.. they had completely blocked off one side of the ramp.. and for what?? these f*ckwits were putting in a jetski and hooting and hollering around sadgroves ck :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: ... not only had they blocked the ramp but as they came back into the ramp to take turns on the jetski they would inevitably take off again at full noise creating a huge wake which made holding onto the boat interesting (mum was holding the boat - she was nearly swept under it :evil: :evil: :evil: )... i had some stern words and was basically told to fk off :fubird: , they were locals and had 'been doing it for years'.. i politely informed them that if they were really locals they would know better than to block off one lane of the busiest ramp in darwin on a sunday :bonk: .. or that the ski club or vesteys is a far more appropriate spot for that kind of cr.p... it took me physically getting out my camera and a threat that I would take photos and post them on here to get them to finally move... f*king unbelieveable - as if there aren't enough other places to put a poxy jetski in the water..

worst part is they were DEFINATELY locals.. makes you wonder eh?
Cheers,
Stuch.