2009 FFF Barra Challenge

Public and private club events - results and battle stories. And any other club news ...
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

ok this comp is a goer i will post up a set of rules and a new thread for this months catch's asap in the same comp area but will start a new FFF comp section as soon as i can wake Matt up :naughty:
january results http://www.fishingterritory.com/viewtop ... 5603#65603

full set of rules http://www.fishingterritory.com/viewtop ... 5604#65604

clive
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by clive »

Count me in aswell Harmsey
clive
Billster
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Billster »

Hey all I am only new on here but will give it a go if thats ok.
I will need to know where to drop off the entry fee.
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero" - Seize the day, trust as little as possible in tomorrow. (Horace)
or if all else fails
"C'est la vie"-Sh*t Happens
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

Ok boys and girls the rules are set and the nominations are in. we already have over 40 entries and the prize pool is getting bigger and bigger. There has been some concern with the carton entry fee so it has been decided that the entry will be:

2 Barra lures with a value of around $25-$30 that’s about the same as a carton anyway. These lures will then be put back up as prizes.

This is a list of lure companies that support FFF so I would ask that the lures be in this range.
Reidys
Halco
RMG
Killalure
Classic
Tilsan
Rapala
Storm
Berkley
Nils Master
Try to buy a lure that you would use yourself.

Lures will need to be purchased and posted or dropped off to me at 3 Iris St Alawa before the end of February. If this is a problem and you live out of town just drop me a PM and we will sort something out. I just don’t want to be chasing people for lures at the end of the year.

The comp is still open to new entrants so if you know anyone who wants to give it a go just send me a PM.

This is a list of entrants I have so far
Ernie
Grumpy
Petto
Justin
Coroboreebandit
Salad Fingers
Faulksy
2 rods
got-none
dingo
Hummer
Blinky
Kevin Kevinson
Pisstenbroke
Dori
Chronic
Moser
Luke79
Whomper37
NTfishin
Hawkeye
DNO62
Littlemacktim
Meterclubwannabe
Moonmn
Toxic
Lachmcc
Chanos
Buckaneer2
Thobba
John d
Dutto
JasonMcc
Bullet
Chasing_@_130
Clive
Billster
Jordan Doevy
Shane Doevy
Andrew South
Gibbo
Harmsey

Have I missed anyone?
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

Every 3rd month an entrant with the best attached post will win a free reel service from "Justin the FFF reel service Guru" it must be the reel you caught the fish on and if you need your reel serviced before hand you can contact Justin via PM or phone 0427266409 for a quote

thanks Justin
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

Geoff Corry has just donated a days fishing with the famous Back-Cast on the mighty Finniss River sometime in May. :catch:

he has also put up a Mystery Prize that will be pretty much a lucky door prize for anyone who has signed up. trust me this is a prize is awesome and there wouldnt be a person on here that wouldnt love to have it. i know i want one :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:drinking1: Harmsey
Ernie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ernie »

Cheers to Geoff & Back Cast :bow: :bow:
Live it and ENJOY
Cant save the world from idiots as they'll just build a better one!
Wouldn't need rules if people did the right thing!
PSST There maybe crocodiles in the water
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

Ernie wrote:Cheers to Geoff & Back Cast :bow: :bow:
As above thanks and also a big thanks to Harmsey and Matt, I rekon that this comp is a brilliant idea. :bow: :applause:
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

this is a good thread to keep going and making general comments on the comp so keep em coming. if you have any Q's put em here or send me a PM.

all the rules and changes along the way aswell as a score board will be at http://www.fishingterritory.com/viewtopic.php?t=18535

would be a good idea to check on the above link every month because thats where all the changes and updates will be. looking at 50 entrants now so its gunna be a ripper :mrgreen:
Ernie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ernie »

Yeh a big thanks to all who've gotten involved :clap: :clap: and to CB who probably started it all with last years exploits :clap: :clap: All I gotta do now is snag a Baz :banghead: :banghead: :drinking1: :drinking1:
Maybe we could put up a destination of choice every now and them Adelaide/ Finiss/Shady/ South/ Daly or the Harbour on a selected weekend/day and have a fish and a bit of a session ?:drinking2: :drinking2: Hard to organise with so many people but it might add to the fun and put a few more faces to the names?? :drinking1: :drinking1:
Live it and ENJOY
Cant save the world from idiots as they'll just build a better one!
Wouldn't need rules if people did the right thing!
PSST There maybe crocodiles in the water
Rug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Rug »

:smile:

count me in Harmsey. I will make arraingments to get the entry lures to you.

cheers
rug
Smile and the world smiles with you, fart and your all alone.
Barralistic
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Barralistic »

G'day all love to have a crack at the comp sounds like fun. How do I nominate
It has to be in the boat to count!
Kevin Kevinson
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Kevin Kevinson »

just wondering if some of the months (maybe april/may) the post as many barra as you want' rule should be suspended, and maybe have a 5 barra limit to post up for the month? or change the rule altogether?

It isnt uncommon in the runoff to catch 50 or 100 fish in a day/weekend, and I am not sure how exciting looking at 1000's of pics of 55cm-65cm barra lying on a brag mat are for anyone??

If you think about it, we have 50 entrants, if they all post up 5 barra each...thats 250 pics just for that month...that will take forever just to wade through them, let alone if people started putting up, 10 or 20 fish pics...or in Bandits case, 30-40 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

just my 2 bobs worth, and maybe that is just me and everyone else wants to see heaps of pics of fish?
Cheers

KK (aka Hilly)

and then you nod your head like your saying YES to every beat...
(Homer J Simpson on listening to rock music)
whomper37
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by whomper37 »

I agree KK, Just your biggest fish for the month should be submitted, Who ever is closest to the mystery size wins???
Frodo, Dont wear the ring...........
The magical Bling, Bling..
I dont rap about bitches and ho's
I rap about witches and trolls.....
Jimstuch
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jimstuch »

Re: the requirement to post your fish by the end of the month - what about situations where (like this weekend) we have the 31st of a month on a saturday? am sure there will be many people doing overnighters throughout the weekend and won't be able to post photos til they return, (ie in Feb) but have caught fish on the saturday??

just a thought..
Cheers,
Stuch.