2009 FFF Barra Challenge

Public and private club events - results and battle stories. And any other club news ...
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

2009 FFF Barra Challenge

Post by harmsey »

ok here we go :fishing:

the challenge

to catch 1 legal barra for each month of 2009 :mrgreen:

The rules

1) You can only submit one legal barra each month.
2) points will be awarded the same as they would in the Barra Classic (anyone got a picture of the point score ruler?? Blinky????)
3) You must submit a picture of the fish on a brag mat, sticker or tape measure. (and photoshopped pictures dont count CB)
4) You must submit your fish before the end of the month
5) You dont have to catch a fish a month to win
6) Barra may be caught anywhere, on live bait or on lures
7) send me a PM or add to this thread to nominate

as for prizes i was thinking 1 carton of beer or spirit entry fee and winner takes all. will also try and round up some other prizes as well (Matt help :roll: ) would be good to get a prize for best fish each month also

So who's up for the challenge
8-)

Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

Suggest you restrict it to NT only otherwise I'll be drinking all your beer :twisted:
Regards Dick
Jimstuch
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jimstuch »

I'll nominate, just for kicks.. don't think I'm a realistic chance though as:

1. I can't catch fish
2. I'm back at Uni from Feb til June (final semester!)

But I'll have a go regardless! count me in harmsey.. :mrgreen:

cheers,
Jim.
Cheers,
Stuch.
grumpy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by grumpy »

harmesy great idea I'm in. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It might get me motivated in the colder months. :idea: :catch: :catch: :fishing:
A mans boat is a sign of his strengths and weaknesses???? (and wealth)
Petto
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Petto »

sounds like a great idea, i was going to suggest the NT newspaper must be in the photo to ensure dates etc but i just remembered we dont get the paper out here on time :bricks:

the old honesty system might have to be the go?
Work to Live, dont live to Work.
justin
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by justin »

great idea, just got to remember to enter
Fishhard reel service a cast past the rest
bandit

Post by bandit »

Petto wrote:sounds like a great idea, i was going to suggest the NT newspaper must be in the photo to ensure dates etc but i just remembered we dont get the paper out here on time :bricks:

the old honesty system might have to be the go?
im in. sounds good. :drinking1: for people thinking of not entering cause they cant get barra in every month, should give it ago.. a few meteries in the runoff and build up could see you take it out.

i reckon that having a copy of the nt news (from that month at least) as a pre-requiste in the shot taken on a barg mat. accompanied by a photo holding the fish with an un-censored background to comfirm locality. :fu:

NT only - Sorry Dick :drinking1: :lol:

We should create a sub forum possibly - with a thread for each angler to post the barra for the month.. and possibly have a leader board with updated tallies?

just some ideas... its nearly jan :drinking1:
bandit

Post by bandit »

had another idea. if lots of people show interest, we could have 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize... rather can give one person 30 cartons, spilt it up 15, 10 5 say??? :drinking1:
NathanL
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NathanL »

Im in for sure.
I reckon thats exactly what this forum needs, more competitions - with everyone being so secretive lately this might be a good way to get some people out of the woodwork.
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

i did think about taking a pic with newspaper in hand but i recon we should just rely on good ole honesty. 8-) 8-)

for those outside the NT i am sure we could store some prizes at my house until you head up this way or vise/versa :fu: :drinking2:

1st, 2nd, 3rd prizes is a good idea depending on numbers. will clarify at a later date :mrgreen:

but please remember this is an informal comp and the carton monination is purely to prevoke a party at the end. the real prize is "legendary status" :bow: :bow:

if we can orginise a monthy prize that should open it up for everyone to score a prize. :idea: anyone have any contacts for small prizes????

im hopeing this will get some posts happening and if we can have some fun along the way then thats what FFF should be all about :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:drinking1: Harmsey
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Sounds like a great comp. I have just packed prizes for the FFF 2008 Awards so my prize barrel is currently empty and most of my own advertisers have already been hit up for NTMAG and FISH FINDER prizes. I can probably organise more but in the meantime it would be great if local business managers who use this forum came on board with some prizes - they can benefit from considerable publicity as this website averages about 480 unique visitors a day, many of them people who are actively fishing.

At this stage I am also keen for forum members to run this comp coz my own mag production and existing comps are keeping me busy. What I can do is create a special forum or Hall of Fame if required, or a special post.
It might be best if I provide the comp organiser with a decent prize at the end of the year?

I would appreciate a PM about prize sponsors etc in advance to keep me in the loop.
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

Great Idea. you can count me in. :drinking1:
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Yep more chance of me winning a marathon but what the hell I'll give it a bash... :catch:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
got-none
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by got-none »

im in.

do barramundi cod count? :drinking1:
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" -Albert Einstein-
BarraBase
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBase »

harmsey we will put up a curado as a prize. i think the c bandit will need a new reel with all the fishing he dose..
Views expressed on this website are those of individuals and do not reflect the opinions of the website owner, or its operators, or other website users