New Black Marlin Record

If you are into billfish, this is your home.
Notrealflash
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Notrealflash »

I am with you Matt, Tyran works like a mad man I went out twice on there charter and that lad didn't stop once.

Top catch but it would pull me around in my boat like a water skier :grin: but how good that would be to say what a catch.

meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

Jesse wrote:I wonder how old a black marlin that big would be?

And I know that most people catch and release the big predator and breeding fish like that but are they good eating?
Scientist's estimate that both the blue and black marlin can live
up to 50years old :shock: . They also say a Marlin around the 700kg mark is estimated to be around the 30 year age, got this information from a lazy day on the couch watching discovery channel :bonk: , i dont undersatnd why austar hasnt got a dedicated fishing channel :| . So that fish may have been in its 20's :-? , shame to see the fish die after such a long life really :-( .

Ive eaten a fillet off a small blue marlin jesse and it went alright :grin:
Image Image
Jesse
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Jesse »

Oh ok at least the meat wouldnt have gone to waste
typethree

Post by typethree »

Thanks for taking the time to write it.
Chopper361
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Chopper361 »

Tynan is probably 1 of the only guys who couldve stayed on the fish for 6hrs,i wouldve been dead on the deck after the first hr lol,but i guess the marlin didnt know that the guy on the other end is the 2 time barra nationals ironman winner lol.and referring back to 1 of the posts about not being happy if the decky was hooked up with paying customers the day the boys got it i'm pretty sure it was only the arafura boys fishing no clients
bandit

Post by bandit »

hey chopper,

i was working at equinox at the time. and im sure it was a charter.. just take a look at the other lads in the photo, unless there mates of theirs, they sure as hell arnt crew members :drinking2:
but who cares, if i had hooked it i wouldnt have passed it onto a stemie who would have more than likely dropped it. :drinking1:

talking to my mate glen (bigglen fffer), hes deckie on reef and wrecks and hooked a saily and brought it in. only took 15 tho.. was in paper few weeks back. :catch:

but good on tynan, hes been working there for so long, and good mates with shane, im sure steve wouldnt have cared to much... :drinking1:
lachmcc
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by lachmcc »

Why would they be wearing uniforms if it wasn't a charter?
THERE IS A FINE LINE BETWEEN FISHING AND STANDING BESIDE THE WATER LOOKING LIKE AN IDIOT