Where to fish??

meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Where to fish??

Post by meter_seeker »

Heading to perth tomorrow afternoon for 2 weeks to do a visit of the
family :smile: , just wondering if its worth taking the 2 piece and baitcaster with me :catch: . Anywhere worth fishing in and around town (good cobbler in the swan river i hear :naughty: ). How about out of town? any where worth fishing inland :-? Ive got canoes, no need to worry about crocs. Any help from anyone whos done or doing a stint in WA at the moment.

Image Image
Hawkeye
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Hawkeye »

MS

Try Trout Fishing see the blurb below...

http://www.pembertontourist.com.au/page ... ng-marron/

The Pemberton region is a fishermans dream. Whether your preference is a quiet spot by a stream or a windswept beach, there are ample opportunities to enjoy.
Trout, Perch and Marron can be found in Pembertons rivers and streams. If you have your own gear, inquire at the tourist centre for seasonal information. Licences are required for Trout fishing and Marron and can be obtained from the local Post Office.

You can also hire rods and fish in the well stocked dam at King Trout Restaurant & Marron Farm which is open 6 days a week (closed Thursdays) except during holidays when it is open every day. Or stay at one of the accommodation stops around with fishing facilities like Forest Lodge Resort, Clover Cottage Country Retreat and Karri Valley Resort..

The general open trout season starts on 1 September and ends on 30 April. However the Blackwood, Donnelly and Warren Rivers are open all year round. The open season for marroning is a very short period in January/February.

Please check with the tourist centre or Fisheries Department for licensing and sizing requirements for trout, marron and coastal fishing.

Fisheries Department website: www.fish.wa.gov.au

For information on Yeagarup Beach and DEntrecasteaux National Park where beach fishing is available, check out our page on Waters & Beaches.
Tom a (hawk...eye)

Fishin again...... lookin for a meterey......
dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Where to fish??

Post by dodgyone »

meter_seeker wrote:Heading to perth tomorrow afternoon for 2 weeks to do a visit of the
family :smile: , just wondering if its worth taking the 2 piece and baitcaster with me :catch: . Anywhere worth fishing in and around town (good cobbler in the swan river i hear :naughty: ). How about out of town? any where worth fishing inland :-? Ive got canoes, no need to worry about crocs. Any help from anyone whos done or doing a stint in WA at the moment.
There is fish in the Swan but can be hard to get your head around. Cobbler are pretty much non existant now. I wouldnt bother taking a rod if they were to be the target.
Wild trout are not really firing yet either. Few of the guys on a WA forum are chasing without too much success. Farm caught ones are a different story. Dont have to go all the way to Pemberton either. Golden Ponds at Baldivis has plenty for the taking. And they have barra too if you get a little homesick.

My advice is to wait as long as you can down there and then get a day or 2 Sambo Jigging. Season is just starting up. Great fun in a world class fishery right on Perths doorstep.
Can PM some numbers if you want.
Don't wanna be a flat water hero.

Real men go fast when it's rough.
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

Thanks guys for the quick replies, i'll look into that fishing lodge thanx Hawkeye :grin: cheers for the link .
Some numbers would be excellant for that sambo fishing thanx Dodgy :mrgreen:

Cheers again blokes :cheers:
Image Image