Beach Fishing In Darwin

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
craigrachow
Gold Member
Gold Member

Beach Fishing In Darwin

Post by craigrachow »

do we have much beach fishing action going on in darwin?
i would assume not cause of our extremely shallow beaches but its worth asking
does anyone go out and target fish like salmon from the local beaches?

Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

I have not personally done it but have seen people fishing off the beach at buff creek for them. Supposedly at the right tide they can be very good. :cheers:
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

Have had some ripper sessions on the whiting before, usually out the front of rapid creek, buff creek and lee point. The remote beach on channel island is a fair walk to take a chance with a fish or two, but 1 out of 5 trips for me have produced amazing pelagic action with queenies and trevs. During the dry there nearly always there on the incoming. But i would say buff creek would have to be the most popular spot around darwin, with such a variety of species- barra, salmon, flathead, whiting, the occasional PT and puffers. Its a good time of year to fish for whiting on the sandspits.
Image Image
Ernie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ernie »

Lee Pnt is a good, we used to go down the beach 500 mt's towards Buff ck and :catch: . Plenty of big Salmon, just look for any gutters turf out some berly and toss out a ganged pilly or a livie on an evening high of around 6.5 to 7 mt's from memory (been a while). Just watch out if your using more than 1 rod as they come thru in schools and it can get hectic as all the rods get hit at once and dont forget ya drag as one of my mates did and walked away from his rod only to turn around to see it skipping across the water towards the sunset ,never to be seen again banghead: :banghead: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You can also fish up around the reef area and stand a chance of latching onto pretty much anything :drinking1: :drinking1: :drinking1:
Live it and ENJOY
Cant save the world from idiots as they'll just build a better one!
Wouldn't need rules if people did the right thing!
PSST There maybe crocodiles in the water
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Ive caught Queenfish and Salmon off the beach at Gunn Point while camping there and I too had the misfortune of watching one of my rods sailing across the top of the water with a large Queenie dancing on the other end,missus was left in charge while I got some wood,must have been something riveting in womens weekly,lots of whiting out there too.