Is this too ambitious?

Scuttlers of FFF unite and show us your sinkings!
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Is this too ambitious?

Post by BarraBeast »

everyone remember the old wreck from the mouth of the Adelaide River?

here's some pics. geez it needs a coat of paint! :rofl:

Shame they didnt drop it on that rock bar right in the middle if the river to serve as a warning. Nasty lump that rock bar.

anyway I digress.

it would be a bit like removing old burnt out car bodies from the bush, but image this thing dropped at Cape Hotham, I can hear Fisheris going off their nut, but maybe a tow around to Lee Point would be better.

At least it would be free of charge!

:grin:

would need a temporay transom, bit of gardening :rofl: and 2rods and jasonmcc's magic touch. I wonder if it would float on a 7.8 metre tide? maybe with a few airbags strapped to it :shock: :idea:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"in chemistry, Alcohol is a solution! "
Jules74
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jules74 »

Always the thinker hey Beastie??

At least if it was sitting on the ocean floor it would be home for lots of little critters :fishy: :lobster: that we could all enjoy instead of, well it is a possibility it is someone's home there, the less fortunate of our society perhaps.
Some people believe that the world is flat, carried through time on the backs of 4 elephants that are balanced on a turtle, the Great Atuin
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

your nuts :bow:
Melv
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Melv »

Hey Beastie - perhaps you could just get her sitting upright, wrap it in some insect screen add a small outdoor setting, some camp beds and the obligatory BBQ and turn it into an overnighter :chef2: :drinking2: :sleep: You could call it the FFF Adelaide River Camping Kingdom or FFFARCK for short!!!

:cheers:
Melv
Jules74
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jules74 »

:lolpoint: :rofl: :rofl: :lolpoint:
Some people believe that the world is flat, carried through time on the backs of 4 elephants that are balanced on a turtle, the Great Atuin
doggies66
Seadog
Seadog

Post by doggies66 »

It might be someones plant pot
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Very good Melv. what were you on to come up with that.
SMITHY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by SMITHY »

it would be a good reef bb and it wouldnt cost bugger all to float her. the simplest way would be with 10 kg of baked beans shared amongst us failed FFF FAT CLUB members, tie us off around the hull on high tide and we would be able to propel it with natural gas from the beans :lol: all we would need then is some NO SMOKING SIGNS :mrgreen:
They say time is money, I dont have much money cause my times spent fishing
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

:rofl:

well that's gotta be the most constructive set of posts yet, you guys are a crack up!

:rofl:

yeah better leave that planter box alone, someone went to a alot of trouble to the get their garden feature looking authentic.

If there's a way, beastie will find it, or we'll just give up and go fishin.
Kevin Kevinson
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Kevin Kevinson »

amongst us failed FFF FAT CLUB members
i dont look upon myself as failed smithy...merely distracted :rofl: :rofl:

seriously though, the weight is still coming off, albiet slowly...i am still hopeful of my sub-100kgs...it just might be in December, rather than May. 11kgs down, 5kgs to go.
Cheers

KK (aka Hilly)

and then you nod your head like your saying YES to every beat...
(Homer J Simpson on listening to rock music)
Melv
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Melv »

Max - sitting in the old mans lounge room here in Tassie watching the wind blow the rain sideways for days on end does strange things to your mind. Apparently it's a lovely place in Summer.........................................

Melv
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

BB I think it might be a bit too much to get it to lee point mate..... BUT if it did float off on a high tide and sink somewhwere around hotham it would be a ripper fish house man 8-)

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

2rods wrote:a bit too much to get it to lee point
are you daring me man? :grin: :lolpoint: :bbad: :roll:

IF A 7.7 spring is not enough, then the flood water at run off time combined with a high spring would have to do it, to dislodge the keel and overcome suction.

So if there's water in that there camp next to it, and we put 2 to 4 2 tonne float bags on it then presto, floating rust bucket looking for and honorable end.

yeah Hotham would be a great spot for some FADs, although the approval process to get this done is a nightmare

:banghead:
Andy Grey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Andy Grey »

How can you be too ambitious with this small rust heap? Maybe arranging for the Sea Princess to run aground and sink near Hotham creating a wonderful FAD might be too ambitious but I think that what you are suggesting is viable and very do-able to Lee point at least. Now get on with it would you Beast for god sake! :captain:
http:www.andrewgreyphotography.com.au
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

Andy Grey wrote:Now get on with it would you Beast for god sake! :captain:
I'm sharping the teeth on my chainsaw as we speek, those mangroves growing in there are history :hunting:

Return to “Reefmakers”