Land based spots in Gove?

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Land based spots in Gove?

Post by meter_seeker »

Get a few nights off in Gove as im on this new run with perkins, but the harbour is a little exposed from this wind and makes fishing even land base very difficult. Just wondering if anyone knows of any close by spots to the township where i can flick the stick, maybe a creek or something? somewhere a little bit more sheltered? any spots you willing to give up rossco? I found a little bushtrack that leads to the yacht club from perkins wharf theres a rocky point on the way, im heading there 2nite to have a go, the locals claim the've got coral trout there. Just gotta withstand the thick shrub to get there.

Image Image
bandit

Post by bandit »

hey bud! aahhhhh gove.... my home town :drinking1:
check out east woody if you can get down there... there is a small creek you could flick and you walk across the sand to a rock island(joined to mainland) at all tides, and can fish from here for all the pelagic action you could dream of, plus respectable reefies!!!

best to talk to the old man bout some landbased spots seeing as he lived there for 20 years and i left when i was still a tacker!!!

speaking of gove im in the process of organising permits for later in the year... all systems go for some wicked sick fishing :lolpoint:
Ibbsy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Ibbsy »

If your near perkins the salt water drain (cooling water from the plant) outlet can be a great spot for Barra the rocks across from the stock piles to the right of the small drain has a track to them walk thru the mangroves out onto them low tide is best good for barra. the causeway past the boat club same side low tide again is great. heaps of good spots around here problem is your proberly not ment to be there these days :roll: . heading back to town the rocks a wallaby beach RHS get all sorts of fish from barra trout queenies etc.. Lived out there for 12 years caught heaps. In town red cliffs up from buff creek is good for Barra again low tide high did is good for spear fishing for them if your keen. Like CB said east woody both ends great popper fishing. Its been over 12 years sence I left but we used to get fish in these places all the time so hope it helps and good luck. :drinking1:
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

Ibbsy wrote:If your near perkins the salt water drain (cooling water from the plant) outlet can be a great spot for Barra the rocks across from the stock piles to the right of the small drain has a track to them walk thru the mangroves out onto them low tide is best good for barra. the causeway past the boat club same side low tide again is great. heaps of good spots around here problem is your proberly not ment to be there these days :roll: . heading back to town the rocks a wallaby beach RHS get all sorts of fish from barra trout queenies etc.. Lived out there for 12 years caught heaps. In town red cliffs up from buff creek is good for Barra again low tide high did is good for spear fishing for them if your keen. Like CB said east woody both ends great popper fishing. Its been over 12 years sence I left but we used to get fish in these places all the time so hope it helps and good luck. :drinking1:
Well i went for a flick, ive noticed alot of people fishing at the refinery's drain ive also heard its a method to knock stuff off from the plant. Apparently they put items in a esky strap it float it down have a mate waiting where it meets the sea, and no worry's all yours :lolpoint: .
But anyway it was to blowy to have a flick so canned that and went for a wander down the beach to find some kinda access to the rocks. Took a while but found a narrow track through the thick mangroves with barefooted prints :wink: . Water was very low 0.8m low so threw on a bomber and didnt take long till i was on. Broke the surface then went dead straight away and i knew what it was, not the barra i was thinking of of :| . Threw on a Kokoda power pillie and lifted to small bream(very small), and thats about it. It looks promising though just gotta find a more calm occasion and a little bit more water i reckon. I was stupid enough to walk knee deep in water to go from one spot to another, the voice inside my head was telling me theres fish there. Last time i go at night. :bonk:
Image Image