Motor Question

kernal
Gold Member
Gold Member

Motor Question

Post by kernal »

Hey All,

not sure if i am posting in the right spot here or not but anyway...

I have a 25hp Tohatsu 2stroke motor on my little run-about and it appears to be extremely noisy... is there anything i can do to make it run quieter!?

was thinking about looking at an upgrade to a new engine but can't afford the $$$ :cry:

cheers
Kernal

slapper1

Post by slapper1 »

hey kernal
those 25hp Tohatsu 2stroke are normaly noisey anyway good strong motor though
you could try putting a cowling cover on it with some thick padding
or you could wear ear muffs ..lol
if you want quiet motors you will have to upgrade to a 4 stroke and yes know how you feel they cost heaps
just spent $100.000 on boats this year myself
kernal
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kernal »

slapper1 wrote:hey kernal
those 25hp Tohatsu 2stroke are normaly noisey anyway good strong motor though
you could try putting a cowling cover on it with some thick padding
or you could wear ear muffs ..lol
if you want quiet motors you will have to upgrade to a 4 stroke and yes know how you feel they cost heaps
just spent $100.000 on boats this year myself
damn... and here i was sooking about paying a few $$$ to upgrade to a quieter engine...

anyone got a nice quiet 4 stroke 25hp or a bit bigger they don't want? (that's in good condition)?
bandit

Post by bandit »

hey mate id be interested in the 25hp if it was up for sale to help fund the new purchase! :mrgreen: keep me in the loop :drinking1:
nikoniko
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nikoniko »

I have a 30hp tohastu that was fairly noisy and lumpy from new. I told the guys at quailty marine and they gave it a tune and changed the timing round a bit. Its a vast improvement now, even though I use and electric for most trolling anyways. :mrgreen: NIKO
kernal
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kernal »

coroboreebandit wrote:hey mate id be interested in the 25hp if it was up for sale to help fund the new purchase! :mrgreen: keep me in the loop :drinking1:
will do... it's a nice reliable, powerful engine... just a little on the noisy side so makes trolling somewhat difficult... (mind you, trolling is one of my lesser enjoyed fishing modes!)

i will do a bit of hunting and see what i can find around the place for an upgrade to a 4stroke, will keep you in mind if i need to dispose of the current noisy beast... :grin: