Broome billfish classic

If you are into billfish, this is your home.
double haul

Broome billfish classic

Post by double haul »

Anyone fishing this comp.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gibbo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbo »

Yep Ill be there.....cant wait
there will be heaps of :fishing:
and heaps of :drinking2: :drinking2:
cheers :drinking1: :drinking2: :drinking3:
FISHING IS LIFE
----------------------
double haul

Post by double haul »

Hey gibo keep an eye out for us, team NORBUILT red shirts. Looking forward to it had a ball last year. You fishing with locals or takeing your own team down.
dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dodgyone »

Was thinking about towing the Haines up and fishing the One Day Comp but just really run out of time in the end. Had the gear all coming together and all. :banghead: :banghead:
Don't wanna be a flat water hero.

Real men go fast when it's rough.
Gibbo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbo »

double haul wrote:Hey gibo keep an eye out for us, team NORBUILT red shirts. Looking forward to it had a ball last year. You fishing with locals or takeing your own team down.
Am fishing with a local from Broome
mate who owns Eagle Boys Pizza
so won,t go hungry :chef2: :chef2:
will see u there
FISHING IS LIFE
----------------------
double haul

Post by double haul »

No worries gibbo catch u there, just checking on flights little bit dear. Thinking of towing the boat over and maybe haveing a week up a middle lagoon after the comp. Weather permeting going to fenton to tow a few squid around on sunday. Maybe we should put a microwave in one of the boats. :mrgreen:
Gibbo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbo »

dodgyone wrote:Was thinking about towing the Haines up and fishing the One Day Comp but just really run out of time in the end. Had the gear all coming together and all. :banghead: :banghead:
Thats a pity Dodgy
would of been good to catch up
FISHING IS LIFE
----------------------
dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dodgyone »

Never know. Might still get up there. Sure Andy Grey would be keen to decky if I get my act together in time. Whats the dates?

double haul

Broome comp

Post by double haul »

Hey dodgyone the dates for the whole comp are from 25 july to 2nd august. Just google broome fishing club and all the info is on there, say gday if ya make it. Im thinking of a sea change in the next few years and hear things are looking good down that way for work and for blue water fishing(beakies).
:catch:
dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dodgyone »

Plenty of oppurtunies down this way. Plenty of beakies too. :cheers:
Not so many in Hedland but there are a few. Had a little Black free jumping next to the boat last trip wide.
Just got a few snapper andf a nice jew for me tonight. Not bad for 5km from the ramp. :cheers:

Andy Grey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Andy Grey »

Don't tease me Dodgy you know I would walk over broken glass to be a deckie for you in the comp! only problem is getting time off over that period for me is gonna be really really hard.. Might be able to wing Fatties day off though.
http:www.andrewgreyphotography.com.au
Gibbo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbo »

Just Back from Broome after fishing the comp had a great time(thanks To Gabby for allowing me to fish on his boat and putting me up for 2 weeks) :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
We caught 1 blue marlin and 2 saifish was hard going not a lot of fish caught compared to previous years,weather was perfect bit of fog around early which gets a bit hairy when there,s 29 boats heading out and most going to roughly the same place you are :shock:  :shock:
Hats off to the Broome fishing club :applause:  :applause:  :applause: they ran a great comp,over 50k in prizes,will be back next year
The only draw back was me dropping my brand new video camera on the first day :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: so will have to wait till i get sent some pics then i will put them up cheers :drinking1:  :drinking2:  :drinking3:
FISHING IS LIFE
----------------------
double haul

Post by double haul »

Hey gibbo sorry i didnot catch up with ya like i sad i would. Had a cracker of a photo of you in ya mascot suit and deleted it before i saved it. Might have to change ya name to pete the parrot. :birdie:
Any way i think you know what happed with aj filming and a certin crew member (the blody captian :banghead: ) who happened to have a leader half a meter long. Put a bit of dampener on the comp. Any way check out darwin game fishing club, they are haveing a comp in november and sounds like they are modeling it on the broome comp.
Gibbo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbo »

Yeah bumped into AJ while he was there
bit of bad luck about the leader issue and loosing points like that
maybe u should of followed the lead of the crew from the reddel
and necked him :hunting: :hunting:
mate am looking at that comp,had a chat to George at guns and tackle
he told me abit about it
looks the goods just have to get time off