Winter PTs

Words hardly describe the feelings when sighting colour from a trophy powertail
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Winter PTs

Post by Dick »

Got onto a few PTs today on the lake, nabbed my biggest for sometime that fought like a demon in mid channel, had it made the weed banks I'd have been a gonna. Got a smaller one a little later and a nice big sooty that took a liking to the Tilsan.

The wind backed today so the lake was pleasant, found myself soaking up as much sun as possible in the late afternoon. not something you often do up this way but it's still pretty cold over here. Would have been lucky to make 28C and a few nights have been down under 7.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Regards Dick
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Gotta love the way that powertail glistens in the foreground with a backdrop of wild Kimberley scrub :mrgreen:
Dingo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Location: Used to be Melville Island, now a crappy mainlander

Post by Dingo »

Dick, I love your work, that is a very impressive PT. And I can back you up on that cold weather, the last few mornings have been freezing here, aswell.

Dingo
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

Awesome work there dick, lovely looking powertail :drinking1:
Question: In lake argle do the fisheries catch powertails and sell them off as cobbler further south?
Image Image
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

meter_seeker wrote:Awesome work there dick, lovely looking powertail :drinking1:
Question: In lake argle do the fisheries catch powertails and sell them off as cobbler further south?
Yep, there's one or two professionals working Lake Argyle. A bit of a shame that such an iconic fish can be relegated to mere protein
Regards Dick
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

Struck some real gold just after dark this evening a bit closer to the ramp than last night. Had this monster rise up and take the popper off the surface. It fell for the stop and cringe retrieve. The first bump only registered as a noise so I made the popper play dead, a second later it got gobbled. Think there needs to be a FFF metre pt sticker :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards Dick
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

That's a horse :o , you are the man of meters Dick :bow: 8-) :bow: 8-)
Image Image