Port Hedland Wide

rossco
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Port Hedland Wide

Post by rossco »

Just received these photos from the Bandits brother, Tom. He is about 80 klms off Port Hedland on a support vessel helping recover some lost seismic gear. They are working with the boat that found the HMAS Sydney. He said they were drifting around last night looking for lost gear on the bottom and spotted some fish on the sounder. Here are the results of keeping aware of your surroundings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Shane Doevy »

Great fish - what is the red fish on the right in the bottom photo - great job eh - no doubt it has its moments but what a great way to go - poking around at night at work and he lets catch a fish!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Like i say i bet its not all beer and skittles

Good on ya boys! Thanks for posting them up Rossco. :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Shane
Work is what i do to pay for fishing!!
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

I thought it was 2km deep where the HMAS Sydney was? That's a lot of braid :grin:
rossco
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by rossco »

They are working further north than where they located the Sydney. They have contracted the boat to try to recover the very expensive seismic gear. Somewhere in the double figure millions I believe.

The pale fish is the same as the others.
Mullaking
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Mullaking »

OK found yer post. There is something special about the look of them reds huh!
I only work to support my fishing habit

Opera Non Verba
John Whitegoods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by John Whitegoods »

hey rossco what happened to the seismic gear?

did they loose some of it in the search or is this standard procedure?
Cheers,

JohnWhitegoods AKA Dave

Drugs are not the answer, unless the question is what is not the answer
rossco
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by rossco »

The American ship towing all the gear (2k's wide and 6k's long) had a power failure and stopped. I think it basically runs on computers. The gear sank and also became twisted on the way down. They have had to cut it free to attempt to recover it. The US ship is around $450k US a day to charter so they are keen to get it going. It is being towed to Fremantle to be repaired this week. They have had 4 cyclones chase them this year and it takes 3 days under normal conditions to retrieve the gear on board to make a run for it. The ship takes 4 hours to turn 4 degress when it is towing. That is why they have the boat my son is on and another as chaser boats. Their job is to keep stuff like other boats, whales etc away from its path or from behind. They also do crew transfers etc.
Mullaking
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Mullaking »

Didnt happen to stumble across another wreck out there by chance did they??
The Koombana is still out there waiting for someone to stumble across it.
Word has it there may be some rather valuable stuff on it too??? :naughty:
I only work to support my fishing habit

Opera Non Verba
Sea Reaper
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Sea Reaper »

Nah mate no wreck unfortunately.......especially if there was sumthing good on it!! :banghead:
Reaper
Cam24
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cam24 »

good to see you getting in some fishing over there tom, must be working hard haha. looking forward to doing some offshore trips for the next holidays :cheers:
Sea Reaper
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Sea Reaper »

Yea its been gold ay, starting to wonder why i get paid.........who cares!!! 8-) 8-) Yea man we will go give Dundee a touch up for sum reds n troutas n macs should be runnin @ the Pin too if we get some good weather! Got couple boats to look at too so ya neva kno wat might unfold...... :fishing: :catch: :drinking2: :drinking2: :fishing: :catch:
:drinking1:
Reaper
Cam24
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cam24 »

yeah definately keen to go hit up some macs, heading to the daly for a week with lee, but should have plenty of time to get to the reefs. starting to get withdrawl symptoms from not fishing for so long i think :banghead:
Sea Reaper
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Sea Reaper »

Aaahahaha 4 sure man! Yea i'm going to come down the Daly for at least a few days ay try hit a few up. :catch: But for sure man keen as to hit em up on the Bluewater. :mrgreen: Spoke to Mipos Uncle today and mad keen on his boat so i'll go check it out when i get bak but sounds like wat i want to start with. :smile: If i get that then it'll be a way out wide we go bro!!!! 8-) 8-) Talk soon............theres another post by me in the WA bluewater section if ya keen to see us hard at work! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:cheers:
Reaper