Family day out in Powertail country

Words hardly describe the feelings when sighting colour from a trophy powertail
ntfishn
Seadog
Seadog

Family day out in Powertail country

Post by ntfishn »

Decided to head out with the wife, bub and a friend visiting from down South for a lash at jagging a Powertail.
Headed to a well known haunt and met up with 10 other boats, including 2 Pro Jewy boats getting ready for the night ahead.... (if you want the Co-ords send me a PM) :drinking1:
Anyway- rigged up the horse rods and got them down on the bottom. The wife 'Belin' dropped 2 good ones early when trying to juggle bub at the same time.... The bait pickers then came in and nearly skun us of bait... Caught a couple for punishment and gave them a swim on the hook.
Bang.... I was on, after a great session of back excercise I finally won the battle and the big silver bugger flapped about on the floor.... :clap:
Belin then made up for her bad start when her 30kg rod bent in half and jolted her into action - there were cries of a jew!- but luckily another beaut Powertail landed safely in the boat.....
Emma then landed her first fish ever - and what a memorable moment it was - the 10 pnd Powertail will remain etched in her thoughts forever. Emma didn't stop there - she soon followed in quick concession with another.....
With 4 big Powertails landed and safely released to fight another day we decided to head back to the harbour (had to go to work).... :fubird:
It was well worth the fuel money and the cost of the bait, I'll do it all again next week I hope....

Cheers

TIMBO... :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Sweet looking PT's there timbo...... looks a bit like Charles Point (power tail heaven) :grin:

I love seeing these great fish let go again too :bow: :bow:

Migh have to get you and KK out in th esky for some PT action whenI get home :mrgreen:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
ntfishn
Seadog
Seadog

Post by ntfishn »

Your on 2Rods - Maybe we should make a comp out of it even..... :mrgreen:
Winner gets a packet of BOZOS or something....
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

Nice effort there, you got me drooling :applause:
Regards Dick
Basstad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Basstad »

Jeeze some real trophy fish there mate you must be stoked,i've had a few big P/T session's aswell.........ah the memory's.

Great to see these magnificent tropical sportfish were released to fight another day........just too valuable to be caught once.

Dan :clap:
flicker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

pts

Post by flicker »

Don't bother dending me the co ords for your pt spot Cos I was there yesterday, :rofl: the biggest fish to the boat were pts and the pickers drove me mad.
My mate in another boat did manage a couple of jew though.

Cheers Flicker.
you don't know if you don't give it a go
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

That's a truly impressive PT session and a great report ntfishn - PM your details I send some six-inch BOZOS :cheers: :cheers:
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

top PT post matey, we have a contender :mrgreen:
Image Image
chezasnt
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by chezasnt »

Yeah some nice fish their mate :clap:
Cheza
adam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by adam »

:clap: Ah ntfishin awesome report mate :clap: , its great when a planned trip comes together. Great to know theyre still swimming out there and growing so I may one day get into them, dont know if id release all of them though as there is nothing better than fresh PTs on the BBQ :chef1: