Darwin Harbour Powertail

Words hardly describe the feelings when sighting colour from a trophy powertail
ntfishn
Seadog
Seadog

Darwin Harbour Powertail

Post by ntfishn »

A couple of weekends ago I headed out into the Harbour in hope of a mighty Powertail. Tried a few well known haunts but could only manage a 125cm jew and a few small reefies. :banghead: I was very disapointed and had almost given up when Bang.... the rod bent over and I started to think - Not another bl..dy jew!!! After one of the best fights of my life my prayers were answered when a nice silver Powertail crashed onto the floor of the boat. :bow:
Unfortunatley he had "gilled" himself and was unlikely to swim off to fight another day - Thought about getting it mounted on the wall at home but opted to dine on it for tea. It was hard to explain the taste - something between Snapper and Coral trout! One of the best meals ever.....
Hopefully I can get onto some more soon....

Cheers TIMBO..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Timbo I know you must have been gutted to have to eat that fine looking PT but I know they taste great and it would never have lived if you throw it back..... don't beat yourself up to much about it :grin:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
George
Seadog
Seadog

Post by George »

If it's hot Powertail action your after, then rustle up the finest crew of sea gowers, aquire yourselves a long range vessel and head straight to Flat Top Banks. By far, this place was the most non stop PT action I have ever experianced in my LIFE!!! Fine specimens out there, don't get fished hard out there either, now I know what your saying............"It's a bl..dy long way!, and the money to be outlayed is enormous!" but I tell you friends, take your gimble belt cause your gonna need it!

Custom Plate Boats
Boat modifications
Trailer and repairs

http://www.fishingterritory.com
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

The other spot worth a look is the MCG.. I had my rod bent and my tackle streched up there with a MASSIVE powertail
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Crikey, this is too much :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :cheers: :cheers:
grumpy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by grumpy »

How lucky are we up here to have such a fine fighting table fish. :cheers: :cheers: :clap: :clap:

I can here the oldies talking to their Grandchildren in years to come telling fishing tales of how the pesty barra and jew fish used to make PT fishing so difficult not like now (in the year 2015) when you can pull them from any waterway. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :moon: :moon:

[size=18]LONG LIVE THE POWERTAILS [/size]
A mans boat is a sign of his strengths and weaknesses???? (and wealth)