The elusive powertail

Words hardly describe the feelings when sighting colour from a trophy powertail
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

The elusive powertail

Post by Matt Flynn »

Looks like no powertails were caught over the weekend judging by the lack of posts.

They sure are an elusive fish. Maybe next weekend ...

BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

Harty had a run in with some. I think he is keeping this Powertail hotspot to him self :naughty: :grin:
"in chemistry, Alcohol is a solution! "
jasonmcc
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Nice Powertail

Post by jasonmcc »

Not so matt. I searched far and wide in the blue water off Darwin and managed to find some awesome Powertail action at South Gutter. This beauty engulfed a squid bait at the north western end of the gutter. I called it for a nice GT but changed my mind as I felt its powerfull runs. This 'racing' powertail gave a good fight on my Shimano Torium and T-Curve combo running 50lb braid. It was released to breed and fight another day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
...............Wishin' I was fishin'...............
Kevin Kevinson
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Kevin Kevinson »

niiiccce silver powertail jase... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i bet you were all hollering about that one.
Cheers

KK (aka Hilly)

and then you nod your head like your saying YES to every beat...
(Homer J Simpson on listening to rock music)
jonesy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonesy »

We got 2 beauties at Sampan friday trolling. We thought we struck gold a few other occasions,unfortunaetly they ended up being stinking barra. The powertails were teasing us out the front of sampan,rolling on top of the water all morning,must of sited 20-30 of them.

When my mate sends the dvd back up we taped of the first powertail,I'll put it up. The shear jubilation shown by us when we realised it was a magestic powertail and not a vermon horse barra,well the scenes had to be seen to be believed!
elkerr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Nuts

Post by elkerr »

You guys are nuts. Pure enjoyment reading your posts. I managed to land a whopper at Corroboree last year during the secret womens comp. Don't have the photos though, there down in my cell at Albatraz. :rofl: I have managed to catch a couple of the deep sea variety, for what thay are, PT do put up a good fight. :drinking1: Ellen Kerr
Reel women do it better
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: The elusive powertail

Post by 2rods »

Matt Flynn wrote:Looks like no powertails were caught over the weekend judging by the lack of posts.

They sure are an elusive fish. Maybe next weekend ...
We had 2-3 landed on Sunday but they were small ones.... and we didn't want to hurt these magestic creatures so we released them back into the blue ASAP even before I could get a picture of them. What a lovely fish they are :mrgreen:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
noundz

Post by noundz »

Gee..........after reading these reports, it makes me want to go out and target these "kings of the water"again...............forgotten how good they are 8-) 8-) I got lost in all the other "jazz" you catch.