BOAT RAMP ETIQUTTE

jonesy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonesy »

Kevin Kevinson wrote:what about jonesy!!

he used to be a fat jolly man at 52kgs, now he is just a lean mean fighting machine ready to go anyone!!

have a steak mate. you are just a shade away from being the deer hunter....living in SE Asia somewhere, playing russian roulette....
Dunno about this Deer Hunter character. With this new extremely cut figure I am forging,John Rambo would be perhaps more fitting...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M1KiXWWTxg

slug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by slug »

I tell you what though, they must be fairly quick at launching their boats if they can back down and launch and tether and be back in their car in the time it takes me to get in my car and be ready to go.
This is the MAJOR part of the problem - there are many that are not quick.

I gotta tell you, if I'm sitting up the top of the ramp waiting to launch, & you've just leapt over the side of your boat & commenced your walk up the ramp to retreive your car, I'd back myself to launch my rig & be gone (3 times over), before you've backed your trailer down to retreive your boat.

The ONLY way a congested ramp is going to function efficiently is if the boat traffic keeps moving over - retrieve one, launch one, retrieve one, launch two, etc,ect . Can't afford to have the ramp sitting idle without a boat coming or going (certainly can't expect all to stop while we walk up the ramp to the carpark, & return ready to back down - imagine this at Buffalo Creek :shock: ).

Yep it's all about getting in & out quick, which is all about organisation & experience .................... :sleep:
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Just think how much quicker and easier it will be when we get our first pontoon.... :grin: :grin: 4-5 boats tied up and 2-3 more on the ramp ahhh I just can't wait......

Then we will have issues with LB fishos sitting on the pontoon getting shirty that we are in there way :jester:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
slug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by slug »

2rods wrote:Just think how much quicker and easier it will be when we get our first pontoon.... :grin: :grin: 4-5 boats tied up and 2-3 more on the ramp ahhh I just can't wait......
Hellayoolahhh :clap: :clap:

Altho my dark, selfish inner truth is that I'd prefer LESS boats at the ramp, that aint gunnu start happening soon :rofl: :rofl: - so if there's more boat volume gotta get them moving over quicker.

People need to be "encouraged" & "spoken to about" prepararedness :angel:

Pi$$Anting around at the boat ramp is akin to slow play in golf, it's not strickly illegal, but against the ethics of it - keep 'em moving people
:surf: