First edition of NTMAG is out tomorrow

North Australian FISH FINDER TM is printed again in 2024.
Jimstuch
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jimstuch »

just picked up my copy - great work Matt its fantastic and can only get better! :mrgreen: :cheers: :bow:

Well done to the FFF contributers as well - love your work gents 8-)

Cheers,
Stuch.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

I was thinking for future editions some good nostalgia articles might be the go - there must be some long-time Territorians with great stories to tell.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Need some feedback once any of you have read the mag fellas, so I know what to improve/include/exclude with each new edition :mrgreen:

My first priority is to fatten it up with more articles and a greater range of writers. I have already had some potential writers come forward with ideas. But there's always room for more.

Other mags have tech articles on knot-tying and the like - I wonder if I should have that in there or leave it to other publications and just stick to exclusive Territory stuff? Let me know what you think.

If you want to keep your writing offer or suggestion quiet send me a PM.
Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Shane Doevy »

Top Read Matt - congratulations BUT -

To Quote one of our more outspoken contibutors (- or was it the editor??) - Westy with one of his fish ...."sometimes you must resort to livebait".

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Whats the go with that Back Cast - wondering if some secrets are coming out of the closet to haunt you mate ?????

Good read mate and interesting that the fish were good on the neaps - great work!!

Just pulling the :drinking5: :drinking5: mate!!

When you coming back up this way??

Cheers
Shane
:drinking1: :drinking1: :drinking1: :drinking1: :drinking1: :drinking1:
Work is what i do to pay for fishing!!
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Yes Shane, who would have thought Back-Cast was a closet livebaiter!

I figured that story would raise a few smiles among FFF members. Either that or have them thumping the table in disgust :bonk:
John Whitegoods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by John Whitegoods »

my mission in life is to get on the cover with a good fish
Cheers,

JohnWhitegoods AKA Dave

Drugs are not the answer, unless the question is what is not the answer
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

The promo pic ... many thanks to Kate Johnson and fiancee Jason Pullen for hamming it up for the camera :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

Matt interested in having a look, are they going interstate?
Regards Dick
Kevin Kevinson
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Kevin Kevinson »

crikey! The mag is a good read, but that blokes missus would have my undivided attention!!

seriously though, I must admit when i picked it up, i though it was a bit 'light on', but to my pleasure, it actually isnt choc-o-block with stinkin ads like most other magazines. in the end, it had more reading that most of the other magazines put together.

i hope you can keep it that way matt :clap: :clap: :clap:

my personal favourite article is where you have explained one of the FF Mag spots in West Arm with a fair bit of detail...could I suggest you could make this a one-pager with a few actual pics of the spot itself...that would be magic.

looking forward to the other versions
Cheers

KK (aka Hilly)

and then you nod your head like your saying YES to every beat...
(Homer J Simpson on listening to rock music)
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Matt interested in having a look, are they going interstate?
Should be some in Kununurra this week Dick. Might be able to put some Ord articles in too as Kununurra is awfully close to the NT :-)
seriously though, I must admit when i picked it up, i though it was a bit 'light on', but to my pleasure, it actually isn't choc-o-block with stinkin ads like most other magazines. in the end, it had more reading that most of the other magazines put together.
Thanks KK, I thought it was skinny too when it came back from the printer, but when I listed all the topics on my web site today it reminded me that there is a lot in it.

I plan to run the mag with minimum advertising, that's why it costs $9.95, which is the upper end for fishing mags. At that price I can run it almost without advertising, which is a strong situation to be in - if it sells. But it all rests on sales. The second edition is already pretty much finished and it is a bigger book with extra columns, but I'm only printing it if the first edition sells enough to give me confidence.

So there's my business model laid bare. Not really any secrets there though.

As for pictures of the hotspot "Rocky Road", I did take some and then lost the bl..dy things in the digital Bermuda Triangle. I'll post them on the forum if I can find them. I've been meaning to go back and ping the spot with the GPS too, as I never did when I was there - I think BarraBeast might have taken a GPS mark there last year though.

But basically you just keep going up the creek until it gets really narrow and rocky and you hit a bommie in midstream. It's a great little spot, and you feel like you are miles from civilisation. And I guess you are too, if the motor doesn't start ....
luke79
Seadog
Seadog

Post by luke79 »

i got a copy in Canberra today, only had a quick flick through, but so far so good. i cant really offer any major advice as im yet to really read it.
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

Kevin Kevinson wrote:crikey! The mag is a good read, but that blokes missus would have my undivided attention!!

:grin: :grin: :grin: Agreed
Regards Dick
tatie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by tatie »

just picked one up and have given it a quick once over.

suggestions if you want to fatten them a bit;

1. if it has to be advertising i wouldnt mind having to read about fishing and outdoors relevant products. its always a good easy way to promote whats on the market.

2. more titty girls! and i dont mean pics of Dodgy and 2Rods topless! :fu:

other than that, well done mate. :cheers:
noundz

Post by noundz »

I have just ordered on line :mrgreen:

Matt is it going to some of the most eastern parts of the NT :-? Our local news agent has not got it yet :mrgreen:
Daisy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Daisy »

Now that photo needs a caption comp.
My mind is absolutely bogglin', as far as Jason goes I don't think he would be!!!
Tell me if I'm out of of line Matt.
Happiness is having fishy fingers with a stiff rod in your hand!!!
The view expressed in this post is that of a self opinionated bullshitter and does not reflect that of the website owner, it's operators or anyone else for that matter.