Bye guys

elkerr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Bye guys

Post by elkerr »

Well, the time has come for me to say farewell to you all. And let me say the last few years have been a blast. I managed to catch 2 of the 3 fish species that I had on my hit list. ( Barra 75cm, Jew >1m) I lost the third at the boat :banghead: ( Spanish Mack). The BBQ gatherings were enjoyed by my family and we hope to attend more in the future. The knowledge and advice that is shared over the forum has been very helpful to me. BZ guys, well done.

My posting is to HMAS Albatross, NSW and from there I get sent to sea. My family will be staying in Darwin, so I will be coming back every now and then. Hopefully by doing this I can save money for a new boat.

Tight lines and let the swell abate, may the runoff be an absolute ripper and I will be thinking of you all while sailing that far horizon :sailing: or fishing soft plastics for flaties :catch: .

:cheers: Ellen Kerr

Reel women do it better
jasonmcc
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Nowra

Post by jasonmcc »

It seems like a nice area down at Nowra and HMAS Albatross, I stayed down there for a month last year to do some work on the base. They do some awesome Land Based Game fishing of the rocks on the coast!!

Good Luck and nice meeting you :cheers:

JAson
...............Wishin' I was fishin'...............
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Best of luck mate..... I am sure we will cross paths again with your family staying up here and all...

Take a big hand line and a few lures out too sea with you...you might just get that mac your after :mrgreen:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

................ all the best with the new posting, them flathead get pretty big down that way, don't be shy to show us what you catch anything down there, it's always good to get reports from allover

...................................................................................................

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Jimstuch
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jimstuch »

Nice meeting you Ellen - best of luck with the new post.. am sure you'll nail that spaniard one day (I haven't caught one either :cry: )

All the best

:cheers: Jim
Cheers,
Stuch.
doggies66
Seadog
Seadog

Post by doggies66 »

All the best Ellen,
You know where the fishing club is so I'll see you when you come up next and hopefully it won't be as rough next time and you can come out for a fish again. Don't worry I'm sure that Joe will send you a photo of that next mac after we go out again. haha - enjoy your flathead fishing I'll keep the barra biting for you.

Regards,
Norto
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Good luck Ellen - that NSW coast is pretty spectacular and you'll be able to jump into the nice cool sandy surf sometimes - I do miss the surf.

Maybe we'll see you on the forum with a tailor next :mrgreen:
SMITHY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by SMITHY »

HOPE IT ALL GOES WELL ELLEN AND WHEN YOUR UP THIS WAY GIVE US A PM AS DISCUSSED AND TERINA AND MYSELF WILL GET YOU OUT ON THE WATER AGAIN :mrgreen:
They say time is money, I dont have much money cause my times spent fishing
justin
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by justin »

enjoy the new place you are moving to and keep that vision of the new boat.
Fishhard reel service a cast past the rest