trailer bearings

dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dodgyone »

justin wrote:just a question on the bearing buddies as it seem a fair few people seem to have them.

if you pump them full of grease and with the high temperatures will the bearings overheat as they say when fitting the bearings on a hub be sure not to over pack with grease.

thanks
One thing I was told was to give a quick sqirt with the grease gun at the ramp if youve done a big tow. Seems the hot bearings will expand the grease and the cold water causes a fast retraction sucking salt water into the bearing. :|

Don't wanna be a flat water hero.

Real men go fast when it's rough.
Buckaneer2
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Buckaneer2 »

adam wrote:I tried the dura hubs but could not get them to seal, oil everywhere not good for the breaks. Am back to bearing buddies now.
I was afraid of that, after one trip I had oil all over the wheels. May be some more dura hubs for sale :bonk: :bonk:
I should have asked you guys before buying them.

batten down.
Smile, be happy & go fishing.

Work is getting in the way of my fishing.
My boss says fishing is getting in the way of my work.
I will soon fix both of our problems by quitting.
landlocked
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by landlocked »

one thing to be aware of with BB is not to over pump them as you can or will blow the back seal out. i always pump mine till i see the centre bit move out a bit.
i dont know about over filling with grease, living where i live i have to do big hauls to get to the water and i have never had bearing trouble with the hub full of grease.
as dodgy says before you back down the ramp give them a couple of squirts and shes cool. :drinking1:
From the heart of the channel country.
To be old and wise, one has to have been young and stupid !!!
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Dont go putting that up Dodgy it takes people long enough to get in the water now.(not forum members of course).