Cape Town 2007 part 1

Welcome to international visitors. And local members, tell us about your fishing holiday ...
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Cape Town 2007 part 1

Post by BarraBeast »

Did a 1 month trip to CT to see relatives and my other son, Tiger(6). The weather was fowl most of the time but we got 3 days out on the water.

Tiger and I chartered a local game boat and went loking for Cob(jew fish), yellow tail(similar to our salmon) and Snook(like a makerel).

After Tiger gave the deckie(with 30+ years experience) a good serve on how to chop the burley, he got stuck into one Cob after another for about 2 hours. His little arms were worn out so we spent a bit of time trolling Seal island. This is where the Great Whites hunt the seals and where all those breaching photo's and documentaries comes from. We saw many nurvous seals but no Sharkies. Tiger(always up for some adventure) wanted to swim over to 'pat' the seals, as any good father would, I talked him out of it.

more pics to come in Cape Town part 2.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"in chemistry, Alcohol is a solution! "
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

looks like another beautiful part of the world BB glad u and the young fella had fun. would of loved to have seen some up close and personal shots of some pointers.
Image Image
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

He looks like you BB. Great to see you both fishing together. Looks like he needs a dose of NT jewfish, he could use those Cape Town Cobs for bait :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
andrew.south
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by andrew.south »

Good stuff BB...look forward to seeing more pics.. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Would love to get over there and have a look some day... :fishing: :fishing:
Southy

Very rarely when the ship misses the harbour is it the harbours fault