impoundment fun

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

impoundment fun

Post by meter_seeker »

the south easterly winds made discomfort in the harbour regions and didnt have time to do over nighters so day trips out to Corroboree, hardies, manton dam or lake bennett to continue barra action become optional so me and clancy decided to take the 2m plastic tender for a run about, propelled by a trusty minn for some impoundment fun for my first time in bennett.
fished from about midday troughout the arvo, put in alot of hard hours un til around 5pm when my lure was strucked verocously by a rogue bazza, put up a bl..dy good fight it did fought for about 15 20mins within that time had 5 good runs, suprisngly freshwater barra that size really haul ass well worth the trip for me anyway clancy caught a meter log...wally.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Image Image
back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

............................ Nice fish Brudda, some posative Karma to you seeing as you did'nt have any at all .............. :cheers: ........... :mrgreen:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

:sailing:
Gibbo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbo »

Nice fish :applause: :applause:
have,nt really given Lake Bennet a thought when deciding
where to go fishing ,that might have to change
cheers :cheers: :cheers:
FISHING IS LIFE
----------------------
temp
Seadog
Seadog

Post by temp »

I went in there one arvo on my way back from Darwin and was told I couldn't fish there by some obnoxious woman :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :banghead: :banghead: So how do you get access :???: :???:
dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dodgyone »

Are allowed to fish it as a member of the public. Only restriction is no motors. Electric, paddle or sail only. :cheers:
Don't wanna be a flat water hero.

Real men go fast when it's rough.
temp
Seadog
Seadog

Post by temp »

I had my electric on the front of the boat and she still wouldn't let us in.

Nice fish by the way :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
bandit

Post by bandit »

nice barra. :applause: black as the ace of spades

you let that fish go meter seeker or keep it whole for show and tell

shoulda necked it like everything else in your freezer? :lolpoint:
justin
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by justin »

nice fish they look good in black too.
Fishhard reel service a cast past the rest
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

id consider lake bennett as a catch and release zone just for a bit of fun theres probaly hundreds of meterys in there unfortunetly ive been there 3 tmes and only caught 1, maybe tactics differ from those of wild barra but if sussed out u could surely have fun catching those all day. from my understanding its a privately owned facility no one asked questions the tmes i went down there, but yes ive heard of problems of people gettin in from u know who yep u guessed it the obnoxious old lady at the lodge who made two of my mates who went down there for a day trip without a boat pay for a night at the lodge to use the canoes whch ofcourse u had to pay for as well, but its true strictly no outboards electric motors only if u havent got one of them maybe knock up a sail out of a bed sheet but to avoid confrontation from the dragon lady enter the lake via the dirt road near the entrance of the lodge which takes u to the opposite side of the lake from the lodge amongst the dongas. proceed all the way to the end and u can launch your boat there, i wouldnt recommend 7m cab cruises with twin minn kotas goin down hard enough wth a 12ft tinny on the launch, might go there 2moro actually pretty keen on catchng a bragging sooty on soft plastics, good luck for any1 who ventures out there.
Image Image
thetimsons
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by thetimsons »

...........................................................................................................some nice fish there Meter_Seeker!!!!!....................................................................................
tatie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by tatie »

meter_seeker wrote:...from my understanding its a privately owned facility no one asked questions the tmes i went down there, but yes ive heard of problems of people gettin in from u know who yep u guessed it the obnoxious old lady at the lodge...
meter, my understanding is that the lake itself is a public recreation area. its fair game.

but if you enter thru the lodge then that land is privately owned, they can you what they want. :fu:

if anybody remembers the court case that only just finished this year regarding the developers who built all teh private bungalows vs the local govt because the devlopers were under the impression that they were creating a private retreat, but were totally unaware that the lake was a public rec area, much like manton dam. thus, totally undervaluing thier bungalows for the rich and famous. in the end the developers won millions and the lake remained public. :drinking8:

if you go down again you are best off to rent a privat bungalow. they are alot cheaper than you would think. most have aircon and are fully self contained. and most of them come with a canoe. :sailing: just get 4-5 mates together and the shared costs become quite affordable.

Return to “Freshwater”