G'day there

mick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

G'day there

Post by mick »

Hey there, been a user for a few months but being down south I've just loved reading about the trips you guys get to enjoy so haven't contributed myself. For the past ten years or so I've gone on a few trips upto the NT and have loved every one of them. Here's the good news, for me anyway. Last trip in April this year I got home and said to the better half that I would love to spend a bit of time up there, to my surprise she thought it would be great too. So here we come, early next year we're on our way for 12 months in the NT. Our plan is to have a heap of two or three week trips with a bit of work in between. My girlfriend is a nurse and from what I've seen on the internet she won't have any probs with getting work. Not sure what I will do though, not sure if she will be too happy with the fully sponsored fisherman idea that I have, especially seeing that she will be my only sponsor. Just wondering what the work situation is up there for a bloke who isn't fussy but can only offer a few weeks straight at a time. Anyway I'll keep getting jealous for a bit and might try and get some photo's of some Murray Cod on here if I can get them to bite. Any ideas for work would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

Hawkeye
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Hawkeye »

Mick

for temp or casual work try employment agencies like Chandler McLeod or Skilled. There is tonnes of work up here and mobs like that can be looking for you while you are off fishin :grin: (google em up ~ or if you like I deal with Chandler McLeod a bit so will give you a number later today)

be wary about the 12 month stay ~ i was passing thru in 1983......

:cheers:
Hawk
Tom a (hawk...eye)

Fishin again...... lookin for a meterey......
matty
Seadog
Seadog

Post by matty »

Hey there Mick, send me a pm when you're close if you don't mind labouring work. I could find you something casual faster than you could say "snagabarra" :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

...................... mate i'll have to agree with "Hawkeye" about just being wary with the twelve month stay as i was just going to spend a few month's fishing before heading to England to play rugby league and that was 1990 so watch out you might end up staying a little bit longer than planned

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

:sailing:
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Welcome to the FFF Mick :mrgreen:

As the others have said...look out for the short visit ....... I came up here on a 12 month posting 16 odd years ago :shock:

As for work...mate if you can't find work in around Darwin your not trying...one of the few places you can pick and chose. And your better 1/2 will get work thrown at her.

Pack that car and get up here...you don't want to miss the build up do you :grin: The barra fishing is just starting to get better :catch:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
mick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by mick »

Thanks for the info fellas. I've heard that it's hard to leave. I've mentioned this to the better half and her reply was that if we are happy why on earth would we leave. Makes sense to me. The work situation sounds great up there too. We're stuck down here until the 1st of March though so I'll miss the build up, guess I'll just have to read about it on here. Thanks again for the info and for all the info I've picked up from the site that I haven't worked out in 10 years worth of trips up there. Just can't wait to put it all into practice.
Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Shane Doevy »

Mick,
as the others have said be ready for an awesome experience mate - i am orginally from south Oz and fished the river murray for my younger years then joined the army and worked our way up here through brisbane and then rocky - this place beats anywhere i have visited for fishing - IT ROCKS.

Hope you have a good trip up - by March i reckon you will be pretty toey to get amongst a good fish or 7.

Shane
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Work is what i do to pay for fishing!!

Return to “Hi or Bye”