Minn Kota Parts and repair??

pawai

Minn Kota Parts and repair??

Post by pawai »

I have a Terrova, a while ago i could tell there was something wrong and opened up the motor housing, it was full of salt! I bought a seal kit cleaned everything up, cleaned any rust and put rust guard on the bare aluminium i used it for a while and everything was good then i went away overseas, then away working and basically didn't use it for almost a year.

When i fired it up yesterday there was a noise and upon opening up the housing i found one of the magnets had lost a piece the size of a 50c coin. not sure if it was from the cleaning i did or something else. Anyway, im struggling to find any information on repairing or getting parts.

anyone have any experience with this.

I will probably end up taking it into a repairer at some point but it might be while before i can do that and it would be good to be armed with a bit of information in advance.

Cheers

theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Minn Kota Parts and repair??

Post by theodosius »

I've rebuilt a few. Parts are best from the states but take a while,fish307 for example. Sometimes ebay. Put up a photo of what you have
Rawz
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rawz »

There's a few blokes that wreak Minn Kota's, might be worth a chat with one of them. Might have something second hand.

I got a few parts off this guy https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/pr ... 118348269/ (Just seals and shear pins) but I do recall him saying that the magnets coming dislodged was something that he has seen happen.
Richieboy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Richieboy »

Matty from Wire My Boat is also an authorised repair agent.

Richie
Mad KEEN!