Daly River boat crash

bigwoody
Gold Member
Gold Member

Daly River boat crash

Post by bigwoody »

Rumors are circulating about an alleged crash between a Daly river resident and a tourist boat during a comp. the local boat was immobilized and left to drift by the other boat, a crew member was thrown overboard, and others were injured. word on the street is that the tourist had a few too many and made a course to the left into the local boat making a course to the right.

Optimistic Pessimist
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Daly River boat crash

Post by theodosius »

That's pretty scary. Yeah lots of clowns not paying attention
Leopardseal

Post by Leopardseal »

Not surprised this happened. I had a close call a few years back on the Daly with a fast-moving boat approaching that kept bearing to Port. I had to stop and hope the clown driving had seen me, he passed at full speed about 10 feet from my bow, the wake nearly threw me out of my dingy. I don't go to the Daly during the comps period now, they dominate the river with an attitude of entitlement and ownership of the river.
bigwoody
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bigwoody »

Yep, I have heard a couple of blokes I know say they have had the same thing happen to them.
Optimistic Pessimist
bigwoody
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bigwoody »

Turns out the tourist is a Darwin based builder and civil contractor who was a competitor in the Nationals, the local is a owner of a long established caravan park at the Daly. The cops are involved as well as the amsa. Sure to be a poop fight.
Optimistic Pessimist
ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

Local is Adrian from Wooliana. Been talking to him. He's still recovering from injuries.

Adrian always joined us at the Roper when we went up there every year. He always reckoned that the Roper was safer than the Daly.
Regards
Ronje