Power lithium 36V battery

hobbsy
Seadog
Seadog

Power lithium 36V battery

Post by hobbsy »

Does anyone own the Power lithium (brand) 36V 110A/H battery for their trolling motor? I've seen a few in darwin stores & seeking real life feedback.

Are they any good?
Any faults?
Warranty time?
Consumer satisfaction?

It's a real struggle to find any information on the web, it makes me wonder.

thanks

Insanity is a good place to hide from reality!

It is not how long the fish is but how long you have fished & how long you've wished.......
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Power lithium 36V battery

Post by Matt Flynn »

Can't help with comments on that brand but there are dodgy batteries out there, this one is not for trolling motors but nonetheless interesting ... https://www.productsafety.gov.au/recall ... y-a58bat14
hobbsy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by hobbsy »

yeah, the introduction of lithium batteries has opened up a whole new way to confuse the customers for a potential rip off. So many different brands, specifications & not to mention, the requirment to purchase their specific charger too. Some of the prices are astronomical.

There's more than a fair chance they are all the same as trying to find any info on a specific brand is a dead end.

gone are the days of Exide, century, marshall, optima. Yuasa etc

It is not how long the fish is but how long you have fished & how long you've wished.......
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

I have solarking, quality and support have been good
hobbsy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by hobbsy »

theodosius wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:03 pm I have solarking, quality and support have been good
cool, where did it come from? expensive?

theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

I have a pair of 12v units them sent up from AMIT Melbourne for around $1100 a few years ago.
maxpower
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by maxpower »

There's more than a fair chance they are all the same as trying to find any info on a specific brand is a dead end.
They are definitely not all the same mate. The only ones saying that are the ones selling the cheaper brands. For what it's worth I looked into it through a mate that works in this industry and knows the product reports on the brands/models that have had issues (fires etc). The two brands that I ended up on were:
Revolution Power Australia - https://revolutionpoweraustralia.com.au
and Redarc -https://www.redarc.com.au/deep-cycle-ba ... E5EALw_wcB

Certainly more cost involved than other brands but peace of mind for me after hearing some horror stories.
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Yeah I went with Solarking because they have a proper presence and dealer network, people you can talk to. A lot of the cheapest brands seem to be run by importers with no particular knowledge (and with them there's a fair chance they're all more or less the same cells and BMS)
hobbsy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by hobbsy »

maxpower wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:55 am
They are definitely not all the same mate. The only ones saying that are the ones selling the cheaper brands. For what it's worth I looked into it through a mate that works in this industry and knows the product reports on the brands/models that have had issues (fires etc). The two brands that I ended up on were:
Revolution Power Australia - https://revolutionpoweraustralia.com.au
and Redarc -https://www.redarc.com.au/deep-cycle-ba ... E5EALw_wcB

Certainly more cost involved than other brands but peace of mind for me after hearing some horror stories.
good information there.

I certaily agree that they are not all the same, the issue is finding any infomation on them, there are so many with so little information. Brands you punch into a search engine and nothing appears other than "shopping" adds for them, no reviews.

It's just a minefield.

I was quoated in the vacinity of $8000 for a 36V 110A/H lithium battery, insane. For that sort of money, I would like to be able to reseach a little on them. Some of the warranty on them is not much longer than what you'd expect out of a lead-acid battery.

maxpower
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by maxpower »

Totally agree the info is a minefield. Lots of clever marketing too. I suspect like most things, you get what you pay for with Lithium batteries.
Freshy18

Post by Freshy18 »

I have had the BLA Marine 36V Lithium battery for over a year now and it has been excellent. Recently fished 3 days out at Bynoe and the Motor Guide held no worries. The batteries are so light and the bluetooth link to your phone shows accurate reading of battery levels and amp usage. come with 7 years warranty for a peace of mind.
My workmate did buy a cheaper battery from down south and it has already failed within a year and he has sent it back under warranty and has to pay the freight costs.
hobbsy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by hobbsy »

it is a buyer be ware market

ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

Hobbsy, what outcome did u end up with?
Regards
Ronje