six pack creek boat ramps

Real time reports from FFFers on the things that matter most
hobbsy
Seadog
Seadog

six pack creek boat ramps

Post by hobbsy »

heading out to Bynoe and wondering if anyone knows if the ramp repairs at six pack creek have started/completed?

Also wondering if there's any hazards from the ramp to Indian island?

Looking at a mixture of barra, crabs & bluewater.

Tight lines

Insanity is a good place to hide from reality!

It is not how long the fish is but how long you have fished & how long you've wished.......
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: six pack creek boat ramps

Post by Matt Flynn »

There are pix and notes on the map in the FF book of rocks in that creek. A few rock patches. Also, the rocky spots at the tops of those creeks can fish well on an incoming tide for mixed fish, eg bream, jacks, goldies, cod, baz, crabs. Caught a big bartailed flathead near the top of Six Pack years ago.
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Yeah just before you reach the mouth there's a huge sand bar on a bend on the right, and some rocks after that.
I haven't heard if the ramp works have been done, but they're well due!
hobbsy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by hobbsy »

Matt Flynn wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:54 pm There are pix and notes on the map in the FF book of rocks in that creek. A few rock patches. Also, the rocky spots at the tops of those creeks can fish well on an incoming tide for mixed fish, eg bream, jacks, goldies, cod, baz, crabs. Caught a big bartailed flathead near the top of Six Pack years ago.
Thanks mate. I checked the book and it looks all good (stick mainly in the middle). Just wasn't sure if there was anything else not mentioned, one of those things where you hit it and suddenly everyone says "oh yeah, I thought everyone knew about that" :roll:

It is not how long the fish is but how long you have fished & how long you've wished.......
hobbsy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by hobbsy »

theodosius wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:40 pm Yeah just before you reach the mouth there's a huge sand bar on a bend on the right, and some rocks after that.
I haven't heard if the ramp works have been done, but they're well due!
Thanks, google and my CMAP chart showed the sand bar, are the rocks a hazard in the middle or more to the side (banks)?

I coulcn't remeber when the works were to start on the ramp & couldn't work out if it's both ramps or just the one off Baramundi Dr. I'm looking at launching from the ramp off Dundee RD, same six pack creek.

theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Rocks are only on the corner