Fotofish 2022 - all entries on this thread

Sullo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Fotofish 2022 - all entries on this thread

Post by Sullo »

Nice jack last night
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rawz
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rawz »

Happy St. Paddies day from Buffalo creek
IMG_3021.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NinjaFish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NinjaFish »

Good to know the harbour is fishing well Gibbsy.

My theory of full moon fishing in the harbour went out the window this week when I watched dozens of Barra feeding on this bait school on Wednesday morning. Not sure if they were sardines or pilchards but thick enough to walk on and the Barra were just inhaling them.
Sullo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sullo »

Nice size JACK,flicking a Zerek prawn
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Ninja that is an awesome shot looks like some Queenie's in with that Barra.
What I have found when the Barra are eating jelly prawns juvenile garfish etc tiny bait. Either 2-3 lightly weighted plastics in clear to pearl worked like the prawns and even small 80 poppers worked slightly to resemble surface activity has managed to get me through when they are fixated on small bait.

Cheers
Gibbsy

Btw the harbour is looking very healthy with bazz and salmon
Sullo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sullo »

Looking for a decent barra for the comp last night
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

That's a great size jack for the creeks sullo!

Did a run over to the arm again today threadies were about in numbers only boated two for the day one tiny one and this one. And picked up nice harbour Barra on small popper. The fish still working jelly prawns hard.

Didn't find much more Barra as my motor guide is being temperamental. And only chooses to steer when it feels like it.

Any ideas guys? Lost a screw in old remote and that copped saltwater. So replaced with new remote, has new remote lithium batteries, the deep cycles producing 25volts but sometimes when manually steering it does not steer sometimes all functions work completely fine. When it decides not to steer only thing that does work is the actual motor and speed. It won't turn or spotlock when it decides to play up.

Cheers
Gibbsy
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Here's the Barra pics
slug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by slug »

Gibbsy wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:58 pm my motor guide is being temperamental. And only chooses to steer when it feels like it.

Any ideas guys? Lost a screw in old remote and that copped saltwater. So replaced with new remote, has new remote lithium batteries, the deep cycles producing 25volts but sometimes when manually steering it does not steer sometimes all functions work completely fine. When it decides not to steer only thing that does work is the actual motor and speed. It won't turn or spotlock when it decides to play up.

My MK Terrova displays similar symptoms when the Heading Sensor intermittently goes a bit 'dicky' - may be something to consider?
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Went out again today slug. The motor guide decided not to play the game had no steering all day. Motor runs other functions work but of course because it won't steer the spotlock is useless. Did a bit of research. Sounds like GPS module issue. Looks like warranty claim at this stage as it's 9 months old.

Cheers
Gibbsy
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

Hi All,
Barra i got a few weeks back close to home.
Barra goosies.jpg
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

Barra my son got on saturday night, a new PB for him.
riley barra 18-3-22.jpg
ozdodge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ozdodge »

She's a tough life 8)
life's tough.JPG
cheers
ozdodge

Don't crowd me - I'm likely to bite!
NinjaFish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NinjaFish »

ozdodge wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:49 pm She's a tough life 8)

cheers
Certainly is :)
Ivan
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Ivan »

Had a good session flicking vibes around Shoal Bay, we hooked about 30 fish but only managed to land about half of them. They ranged in size from 50 - 70cm.