Shady 27 Jan

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Shady 27 Jan

Post by theodosius »

I went on a quick day trip to Shady with dad. The road is in oretty good nick considering all the rain. Main barrage is running fairly hard but most of the water comes through the other barrages these days.

We trolled the last 2km of river only seeing small fish on the sounder, a few isolated bigger ones out the mouth.

We chucked down the spot lock and vibed up 8 or 10 threadies (s to m size) as well as a small jewy and a powertail. We saw a big barra bust off a guy, 30 mins later and 2 boats down a bloke lands that batra with the first fella's lure still in it's mouth :o

We flicked some creek mouths on the way back up for a bigger thready then had a last cast at the barrage for a barra. Dad got a 70 straight up, I got 2 rats and a big tarpon.

I wasn't expecting much given how early it is but we got a feed and were home at 430.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Shady 27 Jan

Post by Matt Flynn »

Lucky dad!

Funny that the barra is caught just after being hooked up. So much for 'educated fish'.
Tightlines2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Shady 27 Jan

Post by Tightlines2 »

Any news from Shady lately?