Our 2022 brag mat comp is free - register here

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Our 2022 brag mat comp is free - register here

Post by Matt Flynn »

FFF Seadogs 2022 brag mat competition

Tentative new comp rules. Final rules will apply when it kicks off on March 1.

All much the same as last year, but to register no longer requires a FFF sticker to be displayed on a boat or vehicle. However, previous year's entrants can simply repost their boat or car with its FFF sticker.

New entrants must post two pix of their boat, one of the outside and one of the inside deck space where the brag mat will be photographed for the duration of the competition. Post the two pictures post on this thread.

Pix of entered fish must be visibly on the same boat's deck as that in the registration photo.

The competition will be judged on the best six of 10 monthly rounds. As it is the best of six rounds you can enter until July with a chance to win.

Fishos can enter at any time throughout the comp but may not enter fish in rounds earlier than their entry date.

The comp is judged on pictures of fish on brag mats. Each centimetre of fish gets a point.

Unlimited entries are allowed but only each competitor's biggest fish from each of their best six rounds are eligible for points.

Entrants will need a branded brag mat, a camera and a newspaper from the month of each round to enter. Government or branded fish-measuring stickers are also OK.

A deckie's fish may be entered by the owner of the registered boat as long as they are caught in the registered boat with the owner/skipper, and the boat is recognisable in the photo. Skippers who have registered their boat in the comp may fish as a deckie on another registered boat and claim their fish as their own entry, as long as both parties are in agreement. Otherwise, the skipper of the registered boat on the water on the day claims any fish caught.

Pictures of fish must be taken on the brag mat with a newspaper in view from the current round month. The newspaper or anything else must not cover the fish in a manner that could hide mutilation of the fish. Each entry must include a short description about the capture. Photos must depict live or freshly-caught fish, no necked or obviously dead fish.

In some circumstances competitors may be asked to supply original pix with original exif data/time stamps. Failure to provide means an entry may not be eligible. Any attached gps data will be kept secret.

In the event of a draw, each entry that includes a photo of the fish being held by the captor will earn an extra point, but this will only apply for the purposes of breaking a draw. If there is a still a draw after the extra points are added, the winner will be decided on quality of photos by the FFF judge.

The comp starts March 1, 2022. The final round ends December 20, 2022.

Mackerel, jewfish and threadfin have a -20cm handicap. Dam barra (stocked fish) eligible only in Rounds 8, 9 and 10.

Round 1, Mar - Barra & Threadfin
Round 2, Apr - Barra & Threadfin
Round 3, May - Jewfish & Barra
Round 4, June - Tuna & Queenfish + Barra
Round 5, July - Mackerel & Barra
Round 6, Aug - Barra (no dam fish)
Round 7, Sep - Barra (no dam fish)
Round 8, Oct - Dam & Salty Barra & Threadfin
Round 9, Nov - Dam & Salty Barra & Threadfin
Round 10, Dec - Dam & Salty Barra, Threadfin and Powertail

All fish to be measured from lip to centre of tail (eg inside fork or outer curve). Fish may have mouths open or closed on the brag mat, the aim being to get the fish measured and photographed as fast as possible.

As there are no stewards on the water to enforce/check that rules are followed, the organiser reserves the right to disallow any entry for any reason, and disqualify any entrant for any reason. The judge's decision on all matters will be final.

Fish caught while competing in other competitions are not eligible. Fish caught with MDF tags are eligible. Professional fishing guides (business owner/skippers) may not enter the comp, part-time guides who do not own a registered guide boat can enter but can not submit fish caught while guiding.

There is no size limit on fish, but please photograph undersize fish quickly for a fast release.

By entering, entrants agree to be responsible for their own safety, knowledge of the waterways, and to ensure their boats are in good working order.

This is a free comp. Entrants agree to not hold the organiser liable in any way.

By registering and posting your entries you agree to be bound by the rules.

Misinformation supplied in an entry may result in disqualification.

You can enter from anywhere in Australia where you can catch the target fish species.

New entrants may be asked to supply ID. If ID is not forthcoming the entrant will be disqualified. Nondescript vessels that can't be identified may not be entered, and no entries permitted using other people's email accounts.

No canoe/kayak entries permitted, as canoes are deemed unsafe for use in northern waterways because of crocodiles.

Lastly, this is a social comp run by unpaid volunteers, with prizes courtesy of generous sponsors. Anyone who defies the easygoing spirit of the comp with poor attitude, dishonesty or any other knuckleheaded capers will be removed from the comp and forum.

PRIZES FOR 2022

(New prize sponsors are welcome at any time throughout the competition, send an email to [email protected] and we will get your brand logo into the comp threads)

FFF Grand Champion

1 x Elite 7 FS sounder/plotter unit with Active Imaging RRP

This prize is courtesy Navico Australia (Lowrance) ... https://navico.com/

FFF Runner-up Grand Champion

Clarion Gr10bt with Clarion 6.5” LED speakers ... https://www.clarion.com/au/en/products- ... ne/GR10BT/

This prize is courtesy Darwin's In and Outboard Marine ... https://www.iomarine.com.au/

FFF Third Runner-up prize

GME MT600G Epirb
GME GX625 handheld marine VHF radio

This prize is courtesy GME Australia ... https://www.gme.com.au

FFF Fourth Runner-up prize

Shimano SLX DC baitcaster reel ... https://www.shimanofish.com.au/content/ ... LX-DC.html

This prize is courtesy Shimano Australia ... https://www.shimanofish.com.au

FFF Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth and Tenth Runners-up prizes

One set Tonic Eyewear in poly lenses (although Doug at Tonic has supplied glass lenses most years) lens colour of winner's choice... prizes courtesy http://www.toniceyewear.com.au/range. Prescription lenses available at winner's cost.

High-quality Classic barramundi lures, courtesy J M Gillies.

theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: FFF Seadogs 2022 - register here

Post by theodosius »

Can't guarantee no knuckleheaded capers but I'm in!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Good to see an early entry :mrgreen:

It is now easier to enter - previous years' competitors can simply repost their boat pic to register, new entrants don't need a FFF sticker on their boat but must post two boat pix, one external and one of the deck where the brag mat will be for photos.
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rawz
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rawz »

I'll have a crack. If I enter a land based catch is a pic of the fish on the same brag mat with the paper acceptable?

FYI I had to resize the photos, original images from phone got an error when trying to upload. (Images less than 4 MB)
IMG_2960 small.JPG
IMG_2958 small.JPG
Daz12
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Daz12 »

Yep I'm in again :cheers:
Ivan
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Ivan »

Great comp, I'm definitely in again.
blowski
Seadog
Seadog

Post by blowski »

Back in this year again!
New boat new year
bambijudd
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by bambijudd »

Back in as well! Same boat as Blowski, think I look better as skipper tho 😂
Rousey01
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Rousey01 »

Im definitely keen. Dont have a boat though, so unless I hitch a ride on someones boat mine will all be landbased. Cheers
Team captian - Anglerholics
Richieboy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Richieboy »

Seeing as things are a bit more permanent now I’ll jump in as well.

Time for the little deckie to pull his weight I think. :roll:

Ps: I actually don’t have any pics of a fish on a brag mat…..just laying on the deck so if ones required I’ll grab one. :mrgreen:

Richie
Mad KEEN!
maxpower
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by maxpower »

I'll give it crack this year
Marro
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Marro »

I’m in!
Maark
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Maark »

Woohoo I’m in.
ozdodge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ozdodge »

Thanks Matt, good luck everyone!

I'm getting an 'Error Parsing Server Response' when I try to add my photo of my boat?

I'm in the same 5.8m Formosa as last year - download/file.php?id=58840&mode=view

cheers
ozdodge

Don't crowd me - I'm likely to bite!