Fotofish 2022 - all entries on this thread

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Fotofish 2022 - all entries on this thread

Post by Matt Flynn »

Territory Fotofish 2022

Kicks off February 1, please put all entries on this thread. Ends December 20, 2022.

1. Winner's prize is a Classic Lures pack. (Might be more prizes, I am currently approaching sponsors.)

Just post a picture or two from your latest fishing trip, a nostalgia shot, something interesting, something funny.

Your pictures will be tallied at the end of the year and the total put into into a simple draw.

Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Fotofish 2022 - all entries on this thread

Post by Gibbsy »

Hi Matt I will kick off 2022 for you. Did a couple of trips over past couple of weeks. First one to west arm. Pretty slow going got a nice thready on the flats on a 3 inch atomic prong. Had a guy on the boat who had never caught a Barra on lures. We ended up boating half a dozen rats on zman frogs on incoming and dropped three legal fish on the jump using same method. My mate hooked a rat on frog and s$@t himself when it hit his lure on surface.

Just the past Saturday did a Shay reccy trip. Sounded alot of Barra deep near mouth sulking in 10m of water with a few patches of fish around the joint. Again had a guy on the boat who had never got a Barra on lures. Well he popped that cheery this trip with a 52. I picked up a 61 on a 5inch plastic another mate dropped a better fish around 80 at the boat all back inside sampan not the mouth. We pulled nothing up near the mouth so ventured back upstream as it was windy as hell at the mouth.
Hit the barrages another mate got a couple of low 50s then I got a solid take and boated this 69.

Got a little drizzle from rain then headed home at 4:30.

Cheers
Gibbsy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Daz12
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Daz12 »

I'll chuck up an early one as well.
Finally left the state after two years. Headed back to the motherland and spent a week in coffin bay. Me and my brother fished Almonta Beach and got into a few schools of salmon. Nice sized fish too, 8-9lb.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Awesome Daz what a small world my parents have a shack down at coffin bay. I haven't been down there in years though. You may know the shack. Used to be green with Red roof right on oyster walk towards boat ramp after the two bridges if your walking from the yacht club to the boat ramp. It is now been renovated white with new roof.

Beautiful place down there and the surrounds.

Cheers
Gibbsy
Daz12
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Daz12 »

I wouldv'e walked right past your shack Gibbsy. Went for a stroll along Oyster Walk a couple of times.
You're right it's a beautiful area down there, one of my favourite spots in the country. I used to live in Whyalla and often went to the west coast fishing, especially Locks Well for Salmon and Yalata for Mulloway.
Pic is of a couple of Mulloway we caught at Yalata many moons ago...We got a 30lb, 40lb and 50lb in an hour !
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Awesome stuff Daz yep I have family in Whyalla also, but majority of them live in Cummins and coffins bay.with friends at Cowell, Elliston and Port Lincoln

That's an awesome catch LB have never got onto a mulloway before.

The beach salmon are always good fun. I have been itching to chase kingies tbh.

Kind regards
Gibbsy
Rousey01
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Rousey01 »

Does this count towards some points lol
Team captian - Anglerholics
Rousey01
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Rousey01 »

Does this work
Rousey01
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Rousey01 »

63D0F83F-D28D-4E72-A941-BC1F39679950.jpeg
Does this work
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

Well good start to the year, lots of rain, howling Northwest winds making fishing the mouth of Darwin Harbour awkward, trying to hold your position with the electric was a battle, but we managed to brave it and were rewarded.
The young feller Alex got amongst a few good ones on Australia Day, not many boats ventured out, we were lucky to have a couple of calm patches between the storms, still ended up soaked though, lol.
A few nice feeds of fish n chips :D
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
fpveata
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by fpveata »

Hi all, quick afternoon flick at the Adelaide river, got drenched but worth it.
50cm and a 69cm
Ivan
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Ivan »

Finally got a weather window to get up to Cape Hotham. We got some nice goldies and then a few Jewies on the way home at both the new artificial and the mouth of the Adelaide.
Ivan
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Ivan »

The wife hasn't been fishing with me for a few years but she decided she wanted to go out. We did a quick trip to SWA and she was doing well until the tax man turned up.
Rawz
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rawz »

A few fish from the last few weeks adventures.

Managed to jag one inbetween storms down at Buff creek
buff barra.jpg
Went looking for some running culverts last week, not many were found. Found a little rat for my first road culvert Barra. 8)
first drain rat.jpg
IMG_2961.JPG
Decided to have a look at some bigger rivers.
Darwin river.JPG
This crossing is deceptivly deep (just before Finniss ramp) part of the road is washed out just before you get to the other side. A small amount of poo may have come out when water came up over the bonnet.
finniss water cross.JPG
IMG_2965.JPG
finniss fish.jpg
Had a look at the barrage at shady, only a small barra in the low 50's and plenty of tarpon. I did see a 70 to 80cm fish caught in tight to the barrage wall.
shady flow 14022022.JPG
shady bar fish.jpg
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Did a rub over to west arm mainly for a Prop test and an excuse to take the rods. Was a bit slow going in morning drop a legal fish on the frog on the flats. As the tide dropped bounced from creek to creek and fished the drains. Spotted alot of smaller barra cruising the dirty water lines. Managed to stick one about 52 on a batiste popper. Things died off over the low. Change of plans and head up a section of West I don't usually target for the incoming to get in the Lee of the light afternoon breeze. We'll found the bait and for a good hour or so the salmon were on the chew smashing the jellies working a narrow dirty water line.plenty of short strikes. Got a nice little blue salmon to start off with then a few casts later stayed connected to a nice harbour thready. Bled the thready for a feed. Co tinued flicking next cast a little queenie smashed the atomic prong. Few casts later had a nice little surprise with my first giant herring.

Tide was nearly at my favourite time to start the frogging again.
Back onto the flats spotted 7 barra in a stretch of about 50m but only one that was legal. Managed a few more surface strikes but dropped them on the jump. Just wasn't going my way this time.
Trip home was great nice and flat made in just in time to beat a stor. Front rolling in from the south.

New Prop went real well thanks Marcus. And thanks Matt for the 2021 lure pack was like Xmas in Feb.

Cheers
Gibbsy