22 lr

Chasing pigs, buffalo, duck and geese. And deer, foxes, feral cats, rabbits ...
Sullo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

22 lr

Post by Sullo »

Thought I would give this Webley and Scott 22 lr a bit of a run .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: 22 lr

Post by Matt Flynn »

Top kit Sullo. You shooting targets or hunting/feral control?

What made you go with the Webley?

Looking to upgrade my .22, an old Stirling, thinking about a CZ. The Stirling has been fine but getting old, the extraction is getting iffy, maybe just needs a good clean.

I bought a .17HMR a while back but it is too noisy and it has to be regularly cleaned to maintain accuracy, I will trade it for a decent .22. Sleuthing around here with .22 subsonics is the way to go.
Sullo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sullo »

Matt Flynn wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:48 am Top kit Sullo. You shooting targets or hunting/feral control?

What made you go with the Webley?

Looking to upgrade my .22, an old Stirling, thinking about a CZ. The Stirling has been fine but getting old, the extraction is getting iffy, just need a good clean.

I bought a .17HMR a while back but it is too noisy and it has to be regularly cleaned to maintain accuracy, I will trade it for a decent .22. Sleuthing around here with .22 subsonics is the way to go.
The main reason i went with this was to teach the grandkids,with the short ( 47cm ) carbon fibre barrel it is light and easy to handle. The other reason was the price,$650. Mostly targets using shorts,but cci stingers turn cane toads inside out :hunting:

A mate has a CZ and a Lithgow ,both shoot really well. The CZ 455 and 457 you can get barrel conversions,buy the 22lr and you can get a17hmr or 22wmr barrel kit for $300,quick and easy to swap.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

The CZ 455 and 457 you can get barrel conversions,buy the 22lr and you can get a17hmr or 22wmr barrel kit for $300,quick and easy to swap.
Perfect! I bought quite a bit of .17 ammo, so I can do this and keep the ammo.

The .17 is good for longer shots, but most shooting here is in the brush or in the paddocks at night, range is usually short.

Only takes a couple of people to be shooting 12g in the valley here and it starts sounding like civil war :D
Trapper
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Trapper »

How’s the accuracy?
Maark
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Maark »

The Ruger is heaps of fun and very accurate.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Hunter”