Fotofish 2021 - all entries on this thread

Ivan
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Fotofish 2021 - all entries on this thread

Post by Ivan »

21st June we headed down to the Peron islands, things were a little quite.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ivan
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Ivan »

22nd June was a trip to the blue water for some reefies.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ivan
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Ivan »

23rd June was back to the Peron Islands for their final day of fishing before they got on the plane.
NinjaFish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NinjaFish »

Living the dream Trent. 8)

Some nice pics fellas.
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd post from a trip to the bong last weekend.
As I had promised a mate to take his cousin out to try and get his first Barra.
Left home at 12:30am sunday morning. Got out to coroboree boat ramp at 1:40. Nice easy launch and we were off into the chilly night with thermometer on the Prado reading 15 degrees at the ramp.
Luckily we rugged up.

Started in main section of the bong trying to target larger fish.
Well long story short we found them, but they had lockjaw for our offerings even though they were feeding.

We trolled big b52's, big ass b52's, standard b52's, X raps, large Strada terras, classics both shallow & deep, large soft plastics 5inch, 6 inch and 7 inch at varying depths tried all the colours. Even spot locked and dropped a large range of plastics and vibes on their heads. All for them to stick their nose up at our lures.

After giving it a good 5&1/2 hours following large fish and schools of fish. We have up on the bigger fish at sunrise and focussed our efforts on the Lillies. We worked zmans minnows and frogs in the Lillies resulting in a lot of rat Barra, plenty of Saratoga and some tarpon. All were small until one stretch of Lillies where I landed my zman at the base of some pandanus and it was crunched before I even got to start retrieving it. A few mins later wrestling the fish and mate weed, came out a nice size Saratoga. This was fish of the day.

Even though we didn't get the big Barra we wanted. Was a great trip, great weather and got some good screenshots. Off the water at 1.

Cheers
Gibbsy
Last edited by Gibbsy on Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Interesting screenshots Gibbsy, fickle 'bong barra.
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Very fickle Matt gonna give it another crack later this year but take some deeper profile soft plastics to match the tarpon they are sitting on. All the bigger zmans we ran are a closer profile to mullet than tarpon or baby Barra.

Cheers
Gibbsy
Rawz
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rawz »

Nice report Gibbsy. Thanks for the screenshots
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Rawz just noticed that the other day.

Just keep it to yourself for me mate!

Cheers
Gibbsy
Ivan
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Ivan »

I headed to SWA yesterday and things were very quiet. I got this QLD groper that was about a meter and a couple of rats. Plenty of small goldies around so that looks great for the future.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Some great photos the past month :mrgreen: :catch:
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Short harbour trip in East arm today awesome weather. Pretty slow going managed two legals and couple of rats. Spotted alot of good size threadies around the joint that refused placcies and all.
Water temp 26.2 in creek. Mate finally got himself a legal so he was chuffed. 3 inch plastics slow rolled worked a treat again.

Cheers
Gibbsy
Rawz
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rawz »

Did a couple of trips in the harbour in the last week, Thursday - launched at Dinah Beach, I couldn't believe how full the car park was. I wanted to try something different and fish the flats near Bleesers creek. I gave up on that idea after Matt Wrights V8 air boat did a few laps around the area. So I pushed up into Bleesers away from the noise, not a lot of action in the drains, on the first of the incoming tide I managed to find a couple Jacks and a fingermark on the same snag. All between 35 and 40 cm. Pulled the pin and got back to the ramp before the hordes returned.
IMG_2826.JPG
Today I explored a creek new to me, Cossack Creek in East Arm. Once again very little action on the last of the outgoing tide. Plenty of bait fish about. On the incoming things looked more promising, a few big splashes of salmon working bait/prawns against the bank, not interested in my lures though.
It was about time to head back to the ramp and take a donut for the day, stopped at a drain on the way out that I'd fished earlier, looked very fishy, had to hit it again. Third cast, bang!! Undersize Barra. Happy with that I called it a day. Better than sitting on the couch at home.
IMG_2832.JPG
Sullo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sullo »

A Mackie from yesterday. Then out last night for a few crays
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Soooo jealous of those Cray's sullo you have an awesome feed there mate.

Cheers
Gibbsy