Trump

Introduce yourself, talk about beer, crocs, headlines, dugongs or Paris Hilton.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Trump

Post by Matt Flynn »

Now he is giving his convicted cronies pardons, hard to believe this is happening ... https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... ab2d1889a0

Hypothetical - Can a president pardon someone who assassinates a political opponent under his/her orders?

nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

I cant wait to see what he does as a final one finger salute to his beloved nation that he failed to "make great again'
My guess is that he will pardon himself and do something that will send the country into a deeper recession and really fire up the brewing civil war
He is worse than any of the despots in Asia/Russia
NinjaFish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NinjaFish »

Next Novichok victim i reckon.
ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

Nuh. Putin loves him. Best soviet ambassador the ruskies have ever had.

He's kept the chinese occupied and out of Russia's hair
Regards
Ronje
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Im surprised he hasnt been knocked well before this
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Trump, with his 'Stop the Steal' bullsh.t, has finally managed to stir up a riot at the White House ... https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... 1387142086

Given that courts with his own appointed judges have not held up his election cheating claims, this whole shebang was arguably a PR campaign, not a legal one.

The fact the Republican party went along with his plan speaks volumes.

And now Trump is bagging his ever-loyal Pence, for not supporting him in his last-ditch effort to steal the election.

Again, hard to believe it is happening.

EDIT: Four killed in the riot, including a policeman.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

I think it’s a bit late for Pence to start to stand up after being his lap dog for many years
The worst thing is that around 70 million people still actually voted for trump after 4 plus years of his lies. That is scary in any world and goes to show how dumb yanks really are and they actually believe what he says is true.
One thing for sure is that the yanks love a war. If they cant find anyone to fight , they will fight among themselves
I've being saying it for ages that the orange baby will start another civil war and it looks like its finally coming true.

USA deserves everything that it has coming to it as a result of putting this clown into power.

i cant wait to see the clown being dragged kicking and screaming from the white house
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

The worst thing is that around 70 million people still actually voted for trump after 4 plus years of his lies.
This is the scary thing. People can't see him for what he is, or they don't care, because being on his team might bring them benefits.

The Nazis were popular in Germany, and no shortage of people to help with the mass executions, a lot of people only jumped that ship because the Nazis lost.
ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

The thing about Trump wasn't so much that people loved him. It was simply because he promised a better future. As did Hitler. Adolf (who was corporal messenger runner in WW 1) was so hurt when the Kaiser went for the truce instead of fighting on, that he held the view that the ordinary people of Germany were betrayed and wanted to do something about that (which he did eventually).

Make Germany great again.

This guy Trump is as crazy as Adolf. The world is just lucky that he hasn't started a war anywhere.

You know, in 2016 I was a member of a well known US forum page. A big one.

After lots of US member discussion about the virtues of Trump, the Trump zealots and I fell out.

Management decided to transfer the conversations to what they called "the bilge" where anything goes. No rules.

After 2 weeks of being outnumbered 1,000 to 1 because I thought Trump was a buffoon (and said so), management decided that it had to stop. They decided apparently that the discussion was so heated (even for "The Bilge" where anything goes) that I would be banned forthwith.

They apparently received so much flak from members aligned with Trump, that they felt they had to do something.

Thus I became the only person in the history of that forum to be banned from "The Bilge".

I was quite proud of that.

Having that experience with the zealots, I'm not at all surprised about the way that Trump's presidency and the ratbags and crazies that he attracted and encouraged has ended the way it has.

The Trump experience will be felt for a long long time in the US (especially the invasion of the Capitol building) as an attempt against democracy in one of the great democracies of our time.
Regards
Ronje
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Matt Flynn wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:00 pm
The Nazis were popular in Germany, and no shortage of people to help with the mass executions, a lot of people only jumped that ship because the Nazis lost.
There are a lot of similarities between the nazis and what is happening in the US
People were disheartened by the situation in their country and decided to follow them religiously
Hitler proved how easy it was to get people who are looking for a better way to follow his rantings even though he was a psychopath
There are lots of documentaries on how a peace loving society followed hitler and the Nazis to the extent of murdering people just because of their religion or ethnicity
Remember that these trump followers didn’t just wake up one day and decide to follow what trump was saying – Just because the civil war stopped doesn’t mean that they changed their point of view. This is ingrained in their ways and the current crop of nutters have always felt that way and are now acting on it
The US will fall into another civil war very soon
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Ron
I recently re watched several docos on the Nazis and the similarities between what hitler said to what trump said was extraordinary
Some of trumps rants were almost verbatim to hitler
The calls from within his own party to remove trump from office are too late and he will pardon himself from any prosecution

I was talking to a group in the camp kitchen yesterday and the 12 y/o son was saying that trump was much better than biden. (obviously parroting what his father said)
I asked why and he said because he is making America great again. (those chants really do work)
I found it interesting that he couldn’t name the Australian prime minister
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Great comments ronje and nomad, it's a shame the internet didn't become a better educator, it just helps people form flocks of like-minded sheep. On social media some of the most popular people are the biggest crooks and fakes.

Was telling someone the other day what I thought of Trump and he said: "Actually, I think he's good." It's like being surrounded by body snatchers, you just can't tell (video clip warning, Trump is in the eskie) ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNdELE988I4 :lol: :lol: :lol:
ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

I don't believe that Trump ever understood his role in the job that the american people elected him to do on their behalf.

For 4 years, his job was to represent them and the job description is contained in the US constitution.

He was supposed to be acting in the best interests of the people and how THAT is to be done is enshrined in the constitution.

The presidential Oath of Office:

I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Trump breached his oath of office by his significant role in the invasion of the Capitol Building (the symbol and centre-piece of US democracy).

It's an all-consuming task and some presidents failed to recognise it. They couldn't separate their private roles as a citizen from their public roles as representative of the people. Their private roles as citizen have to be put aside in favour of their job.

The last one like that (who resigned) was Richard Nixon. Nixon wasn't a fool but he was a zealot (the McCarthy era and communism). "Tricky Dickie" deliberately undertook actions in an attempt to cover up an activity designed to further his own interests (remain as president).

This guy is simply too stupid to even come close to being as culpable as Nixon.

Regardless of what anybody thinks about his presidency over the 4 years, inciting the invasion of the Capitol Building (the people's house of democracy) is contrary to his job description (US constitution) along with his Oath of Office as the peoples' representative which he was (and still is for a little while).

Trump was NEVER a good candidate for president and the fact that the republicans endorsed him lays the blame squarely at the feet of that party.

Amidst this turmoil we have Iran and N Korea putting pressure on the world (led by the US) with nuclear bastardry while the US is basically leaderless.

Trump is unfit for office and V President Pence should take over (if only to provide short term stability) via articles of the US constitution until Biden's inauguration.

Impeachment should indeed progress in a way that causes minimum impact and distraction from Biden's need to address the damage Trump has caused. If anybody else had gone public inciting the invasion of the Capitol Building (and it happened) they'd be in a cell by now.

Stupidity and/or arrogance wouldn't save them.

Nor should they with Trump.
Regards
Ronje
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

True ron
I fear that trump will do something radical in his last days of office in a “fkuc em” move, like start a war.
he will go out in a blaz of non glory
I note that N korea is making noises atm in an attempt to flex their muscles knowing that Trump still has the nuke codes.
ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

You've gotta stop voting for him, Nomad.
Regards
Ronje