Itchy grubs

Introduce yourself, talk about beer, crocs, headlines, dugongs or Paris Hilton.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Itchy grubs

Post by Matt Flynn »

Anyone copped it bad from itchy grubs? Or the famous burning beatle?

flicker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

itchi grubs

Post by flicker »

no but I copped a couple of paper wasps on the face once and some on my legs another time that wasn't fun, the pain didn't last very long but but its like being hit with a hot needle then my face was tingly and numb for about half an hour
you don't know if you don't give it a go
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Itchy grubs

Post by Matt Flynn »

bump
jersy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jersy »

Haven't copped either. . or heard of them. Where do you get them? Same as flicker though, paper wasps are angry little bustards. Worst bite I've had is a centipede in the glove. Had a red poison line running up my arm for a day or so. Had my hand in an esky of ice for most of the day. Not the go apparently. Same toxin as a stonefish , so hottest water you can handle is the go.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Worst bite I've had is a centipede in the glove.
There is Youtuber called Coyote Peterson who gets stung by insects, the centipede (USA version) was the worst, put him in hospital.

Centipedes can catch and eat a mouse, there are videos of that too :P :P

Those itchy grubs are in the freshwater mangroves, there are others in gum trees, the beetles I'm not sure.
stroma
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by stroma »

I once cut down a tree full of itchy grubs (precision marching caterpillars). The tree was full of their bag-like homes and before I finished the job I was covered in their spines and itchy as hell - nearly drove me insane. As for the burning beetle, if your talking about the bombardier beetle then I use to catch them as a kid. Although the squirt of acid from their bum reportedly comes out at burning temperatures, you could let them squirt you and it wouldn’t hurt. It would however stain your skin a brown colour for weeks.

Return to “Barramundi Banter”