Back at dundee

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Young_gun_fisho
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back at dundee

Post by Young_gun_fisho »

Was lucky enough to get to go to dundee on Monday, after a few weeks of no fishing due to schoolwork. Woke up early and we were off by 4:30am. Arrived at the ramp at around 6:15, on the water and heading out by 6:30. An hour and a half ride, however the ocean turned it on with a territory glassoff once we were out of fog bay, also seeing some whales along the way. Passed a few bustups from small mack tuna, but weren't worth chasing so we left it. Once at the spot, we rigged up and sent to baits down. I was yet to catch a red emperor, so my anticipation was high. The first half of the day was a grind, with my fellow fishermen landing a couple of smaller reds and one good one around 50cm, and I was only able to land multiple trickies, small cod and snapper, as well as a cool looking trevally.
IMG_20200928_195408_740.jpg
We ate lunch, which was hotdogs. After eating my first, I dropped down again, and landed a nice nannygai, and we managed to land 3 at once. After that, I was making another hotdog when I looked over and my rod was bent over nearly touching the water in the rod holder. I dropped my food and got up, wrenching the rod out. On the end was some serious power and headshakes which had my arms burning. A short powerful run and I moved it off the bottom, before the tug of war to the top began. After a couple of gruelling minutes dragging this fish up through 50m of water, it surfaced from under the boat. It was a beautiful sight, a big red emperor. We managed to grip it with the boat grips and hauled it in. My first red, at 66cm and 12 pounds :mrgreen: .
After bleeding it, I finished my food, only to get hit by a shark which I managed to surface. Another hour of fishing and we got a few more nannies and trickies, before calling it and sending it back home. The ocean remained calm right until we entered the bay again. Was great to be out again, and to feel decent weight on my rod :catch:
IMG_20200928_195408_739.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jerro
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Back at dundee

Post by Jerro »

Cracking Red and great write up!!
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Smashing it!
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

Cool report mate,,well done. :mrgreen:
Young_gun_fisho
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Young_gun_fisho »

Cheers fellas 😁
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Nice red!
Jeno
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Jeno »

Thanks for the write up mate....well done.
No matter where you go, there you are!
RedDevil
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RedDevil »

good read mate and well done!