In the market for a tow/travel 4wd. What have we got?

jersy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

In the market for a tow/travel 4wd. What have we got?

Post by jersy »

Looking for a ute/wagon to tow my 5m tinnie , as well as trips i.e Broome, Gove. Preferably single/space ute but wagons also welcome. Dual battery, long ranger tank, pretty much set up would be great, etc. Dealers up her are dreamin at the moment and blaming covid. Budget at the mo is around 30-35k,( that the minister has approved ;-) ) Cheers John

Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
Captain6979
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: In the market for a tow/travel 4wd. What have we got?

Post by Captain6979 »

I'll be in the market for another Ute in the near future as well Jersy. Oh yeah, Dealers up here are def dreaming. And most utes have been thrashed, and drowned in Saltwater dropping in boats. ha ha!!! I've been looking down south, specifically Queensland, sooo much cheaper. V8 2012 Cruiser utes have been going at auction there with Grays online auctions, for $31k, with 150-200k on the odo. Even the private sales wouldnt have been in as much saltwater as up here. Good luck mate, I'd be looking at getting one down south, and getting CEVA to possibly truck it up. :)
jersy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jersy »

Cheers Cap. Yeah I,m thinking that way myself.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
Captain6979
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Captain6979 »

If you have someone down south that can check them out for you, def the way to go.
Captain6979
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Captain6979 »

Mate went to a car yard up here.. looked at a Maroon Cruiser, v8, looked amazing, $70k..
Under looked ok, as usual, they undercoat the bottom anyways..He reached up underneath, pushed up the Bung, and felt around...Rust-city..... Would have been like a Flintstone vehicle, with no floor, in no time he reckoned.. ha ha!!