wiligi

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
blowski
Seadog
Seadog

wiligi

Post by blowski »

Gday Guys
Taking the Mrs out to Wiligi on the 13th of July for a couple nights, one day land based one day we have hired one of their boats.
Would be keen if anyone has any info on some bluewater spots and land based spots in close to the camp- would love to catch some trout have never caught any before.
Whats best vibes or bait?
Thanks all in advance, not chasing anyone secrets just some tips as our time is limited

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: wiligi

Post by Matt Flynn »

Shallow water trout are suckers for lures pulled past their homes, can't say I noticed lure colour preferences.

Flesh baits like cut flag fillet also seem to do well on trout.

I have fished the islands out from Wiligi, I have not fished near camp. Heaps of skinnies, macks, trevs, trickies, trout, fairly clear water.
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

Definitely vibes for coral trout.
Can fish all day with baits and not get a coral trout. Drop a vibe and bang, coral trout.
Haven’t fished wiligi tho.
blowski
Seadog
Seadog

Post by blowski »

thanks guys, looks like the tides are going to be pretty neap so thats a positive i guess less movement. lures around the islands matt?
mike davis
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by mike davis »

Is that the wilgi outstation with rueben...if it is great place to stay and fish...drove over from Kununurra a couple of years ago and fished it for five days. We only had smaller boats so didnt travel far it blow up fairlly good from 12 onwards everyday so fished the min min system in the arvos. We mainly fished the island out front and the first couple to the right of the island out front. Did well on most species using every lure we had didnt use bait at all. Got mackies, tuna ,good size queenies, trevors, plenty of coral trout, standout lures were the little gillies metals and red/white halco poppers for trout in close to the islands. Did well on fingermark and barra in the river system.. hope to go back again one day. Good luck for your trip.