Channel point/Peron islands family trip.

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Channel point/Peron islands family trip.

Post by mickkk »

This was from 2 weeks ago, fishing at channel point. I lost my phone over the edge of the boat, which I jumped in to save. In doing so I lost my glasses, and the bl..dy phone never worked again anyway. So I lost all the photos from the weekend.
Was a crazy trip. I only included the double hookups, and the good Fish, and it was still 24 mins long.
I know people are not keen on long videos, but made it more for my self for when I’m old and silly and forget everything.
Would have got 30 plus trevally, which was fun at first. But got pretty tired pretty quick. The biggest went 74 to the fork, most were around the mid 60’s. Got a long tail tuna, which was a first for me. Ended up with a bag of Jewies, which I would normally only take one or two and move on. But wanted the kids to get one each. Was the first time the missis was really excited about fishing. Then when filleting them the oldest and missis got another one, before I had to put the rods away haha.
Filleted them all up and few the neighbours, and a bunch of The wife’s work colleagues.
Weather was brilliant for a dry season weekend. Bugger all mozzzies too. Never normally get a good brake in the winds on a weekend haha.
It’s going to be hard to top this trip, one we will remember for along time.

https://youtu.be/oRyZKYS-5sI
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Channel point/Peron islands family trip.

Post by Matt Flynn »

Some cans left over, the fishing must have been good.
Jeno
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Jeno »

Nice one, great family trip!
No matter where you go, there you are!
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

great team of anglers there Mick , cool vid 8) :mrgreen:
paulienic

Post by paulienic »

Great effort mate! Heading out that way early August for the first time. Any tips or marks on where to go? Taking a couple mates out who have never really fished before and want to make sure they catch a few good fish :)
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

There’s a sand bar off the back side of the north island heading towards the south side. Normally get Queen it’s around the low there for a bit of fun. Although they were not there for me this time.
The channel in front of the community for Jews, works better at night. Also reckon on the heaps it fishes when there’s a bit Of run. Sound around the 15 to 18 m mark. Don’t bother fish the bottom of the channel. You will only get p o w e r t a i l and sharks.
Also pleanty of good reefs between the islands and Bateman shoal, around the 12 m mark. That’s where the tubs are normally playing if there around.
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Bit of a feed there!!
paulienic

Post by paulienic »

mickkk wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:20 pm There’s a sand bar off the back side of the north island heading towards the south side. Normally get Queen it’s around the low there for a bit of fun. Although they were not there for me this time.
The channel in front of the community for Jews, works better at night. Also reckon on the heaps it fishes when there’s a bit Of run. Sound around the 15 to 18 m mark. Don’t bother fish the bottom of the channel. You will only get p o w e r t a i l and sharks.
Also pleanty of good reefs between the islands and Bateman shoal, around the 12 m mark. That’s where the tubs are normally playing if there around.
Thanks for the info mickkk! Much appreciated and hopefully we are able to get into a few :D