Evinrude servicing Darwin

andybuck
Silver Member
Silver Member

Evinrude servicing Darwin

Post by andybuck »

Realise i'm an outsider with an Evinrude E-Tec, was getting servicing done at Territory Powersports (formerly Territory Marine) in Yarrawonga, but looks like they've closed down.
Phone disconnected.
Drove by, lot empty, gates locked, weeds growing..
Any tips for servicing an E-Tec in Darwin region welcome.
(I know i'm not the only one in town with one, see a few at the local ramps!)...
Don't want to have to switch to Yamaha & give even more money to In & Out Your Wallet...

Marro
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Evinrude servicing Darwin

Post by Marro »

Funny you should say that, I just changed over from an E-tec to a Yamaha. Not because I didn’t like my E-Tec but because Territory Marine closed down. I actually liked E-tecs and I’ve had three of them so I know what I’m talking about. In fact I was looking at buying another one when I discovered TM were gone. So for me no dealer means a change of brand and after much research and head scratching went with a Yamaha. But in answer to your question, having recently spoken with a number of other brand dealers in Darwin it seems most will service your E-tec. Can’t give you a recommendation however as I haven’t used anybody other than TM.
andybuck
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by andybuck »

Thanks, feedback much appreciated. Mine's got < 200 hours on it so can't see point in spending money on a changeover, there's nothing wrong with it. Leaving town end of next year so will probably just find a local shop to do basic service & take it south when we go. Imagine it'd be hard to sell here now there's no service centre (and no-one's selling the XD100 oil either...)
Marro
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Marro »

If you are looking for some XD100 I have two 1 Gal containers I was going to advertise. Was looking for $100 for both. Also have an Evinrude cowling cover for a 115 or 130. I’ll throw that in if you take the oil.
andybuck
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by andybuck »

Mate I will take the oil! Will try and DM you.
fff1964
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fff1964 »

The guy (Ivan) is still there but they are moving.

He is a great bloke if the gate is open just walk into the work shop have a chat.

Had ETECS over 15 years a couple of drama's no more than other brands.

oil now at coolahlinger shop about 85 dollars a bottle.
Marro
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Marro »

I agree Ivan is a good bloke and mechanic but their failure to inform loyal long term customers has cost them big time. I won’t be back.
jpb15
Seadog
Seadog

Post by jpb15 »

Quality Marine, 10 Farrell Cres, Winnellie.
They fitted our first Etec, in 2005. I don't think Territory Marine were around then.
We have had our Motor serviced there a Couple of times. But, we usually used Territory Marine.

I agree, Ivan seems like a genuine Guy, and I would guess, he would probably be able to keep Servicing Motors, from Home, or a Smaller location.

Marro, I would have purchased that Oil from you, if it was not already taken.
Sick of coming home Fishless
andybuck
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by andybuck »

Thanks for the oil Marro, very much appreciated, and thanks fff1964 and jpb15 for the tips.
There was no way to get in last time I went, whole place was fully locked up.
May swing by one more time and see if Ivan's around.
If anyone has his contact details please feel free to DM me.
Cheers