SEA JAY RANGER

ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

SEA JAY RANGER

Post by ponyplay »

Gday am currently shopping around atm moment for new boat, looking at sum thing 4.5 to 5m in a tiller steer set up, mainly been looking at custom made plate boats goldstar bullet etc. But the seajay ranger looks very good , any one got one ? or herd anything bad or good about them or even just seajay ? any info appreciated

COOPS
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: SEA JAY RANGER

Post by COOPS »

I like the look of them too. Haven't known anyone thats had one yet to get feedback from yet
al57
Seadog
Seadog

Post by al57 »

Ihave a mate who has a 5.3 seajay ,says it is bulletproof and very safe but very wet in swells ,i would be looking at the quintrex millenium hulls ,especially the older topenders before 2016 blade hulls ,i have had two and they are the best by far on ride and are a extremely dry boat ,i have a 2017 4.5 topender now with the blade hull ,not as good as the older hulls as they have taken a lot of weight out of them making the front lighter,but on saying that they are still very safe,easy to fish out of and dry in sh..ty weather .good luck with your choice cheers AL
ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

Had a Seajay 4.4 Allrounder tiller steer. Worked OK on 40hp because it was light. Thin al sides and bottom but basically a toy

Bought a new boat just before Xmas. A Stessl Apache Pro 60hp tiller steer(its on the attached XL list).

To me, basic power to weight ratio was the starting point.

See attached xl sheet. This is what I used to compare boats. Did my head in trying to remember the different combinations.

Bits in yellow are for the Seajay Ranger series you mentioned. Look for the P/W ratio in top horizontal line and follow it down to whatever boat you're looking at.

The lower the figure the better.

Seajay Rangers have P/W ratios of 9+. Pretty crook. These are heavy boats (see bare weights) and need lots of grunt to push them around. 90hp for a 4.9 version so too much HP for tiller steer versions.

My choice in the end came down to Clark Rebel, Stessl Apache Pro or Flagship boats (made by Horizon for Townsville Marine under the name - Flagship)

There are a few blank yellow bits if you want to put some possible choices on the list for comparison.
Boat.xls
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards
Ronje
fff1964
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fff1964 »

Nice work there mate great help for my next hull. :)

Cheers
ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

Sure 1964.

That xl sheet has formulae built into it where it does any required calculations for you and pops up the answer.

However, the sheet isn't "protected" so it could all fall to bits.

I can put up a blank sheet that IS protected against keyboard error if you like. Might be useful for future decisions. Was for me.
Regards
Ronje
ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

Copy of Boat.xls
Here's a blank protected worksheet. It'll automatically do the sums for you as you make entries.

You can't hurt it Download and save if u wish
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards
Ronje
fff1964
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fff1964 »

Good one Ronje

Thanks Mate