Pikey creek

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Pikey creek

Post by Gibbsy »

Hey guys,
First off merry christmas to all. But i am chasing some info on this creek.
The ff mag indicates theres a large sandbar at the mouth. Just wondering if there is much water to move around in on a 0.8m low in this creek. Was planning to fish flats prior to going into this creek but if the sandbar exposes early maybe lock in trip. Have a leccy so can go through some shallow stuff. If not much to work with on a 0.8. Low will try it on a 1.1m low instead.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Gibbsy

NinjaFish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Pikey creek

Post by NinjaFish »

Didn’t know it had a name either.

I've looked at it a few times but was too shallow (out wide of the mouth) for my boat at the time and can’t remember the tides but they were low. I presume your .08 is a Boxing Day trip? Check the hourly tides, good for planning and accurate and you’ll know how long you’ll get stuck for but, not wanting to put a dampener on it, midday will be a bit too hot for a Barra to be up there in shallow water. Probably hit 35 deg+ water temp.

Would be good to know how you go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Pikey creek

Post by Gibbsy »

Ninja we eded up in reichardt instead about to head out to fish some flats in east arm and may check out pikey on incoming so will let you know how we fair.