Mandorah jetty tips

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
keenfisho24
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mandorah jetty tips

Post by keenfisho24 »

Me and my mate are heading out mandorah this Wednesday for another night session after last weekends success. Managed to land 2 barra together mine being just u/size but my mate taking home 2 nice ones about 63 and 75. Caught on live herring and mullet unweighted drifted just behind the jetty. Also managed to catch a cod, Queenie and crazy enough I managed to hook a large octopus on the bottom and land it. Good time but wondering if the best way for barra there is to be fishing on the bottom or mid water collumn with livies. My mate that used to live and go snorkelling there reckons they sit under and between the stairs and pylons taking the bait as they pass by. Cheers

jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Mandorah jetty tips

Post by jeffish »

:catch: Sounds like a good session ,I'd just stick to what your doing , but with big mullet try have them weighted to the bottom or they'll just try and hide under a rock and snag you up .
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Mandorah jetty tips

Post by Matt Flynn »

Sounds like you are already doing it right. I snorkelled under there years ago and the barra were under the stairs among all the sardines.